Talk

Advanced search

Swimming after having a show?

(5 Posts)
jasmine51 Wed 22-Jun-11 06:48:40

That's it really, is it ok to go swimming after having a show? Had sweep last week that had little effect apart from dislodging mucus plug. Slowly going stir crazy here and would like to go swimming this morning, would that be ok?

crochetcircle Wed 22-Jun-11 09:43:30

I forgot to ask, but I do remember the MW said it was fine to have a bath until my waters broke (still waiting!)

If you find out definitively, let us know.

My 'show' is still going on 5 days after the sweep! I hope yours is more effective.

cardamomginger Wed 22-Jun-11 11:31:20

I was told not to. Wouldn't want to risk any infection. The unclean and unwashed masses weeing in the pool and all that (shudders).... Would a walk help? Good luck! X

jasmine51 Wed 22-Jun-11 13:06:17

Went and spoke to MW who takes class, she said fine unless waters leaking so had an nice hours float around.
Crochet no movement for me 6 days after mine. Initially bled quite alot, then brown show, now just spotting yukky stuff. Got 2nd sweep tomorrow...oh joy! Any movement for you?
Cardamon Know what you mean! My head says go for a lovely long walk but by hips wont carry me more than about 15 mins. Oh the fun of late pg!

cardamomginger Wed 22-Jun-11 13:09:24

Fun.... Oh yeah - that was it!!!! Glad you got the OK for a swim. Think you are doing pretty well if you can walk 15 mins - I was down to about 15 metres grin. Good luck!! XX

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now