Talk

Advanced search

vbamc support and hospital suggestions needed london

(5 Posts)
natural2827 Tue 21-Jun-11 12:48:53

hi Im expecting 3# and i have had 2 c sections,
the first was pushed upon me because i was over due and taking long to dilate
the second was forced because i was in a 3rd world country and they still believe you have to have a repeat c section because you are going to tear apart...! i was already in labour couldn't move and they said if i dont want a c section go to another hospital.. at 2am.

Soo... i still want a vbac/vbamc and wanted to know of anyone who has had one in london and what hospital they suggest.
preferably central or south london

I am considering st helier and kings college hospitals as i have heard they are supportive of vbac plus i was born at 1 and my husband at the other.

i would love to have this one at home and i am also looking down that route too

vicloumic Tue 21-Jun-11 13:22:30

Hi natural2827

Firstly congratulations! I have been a birth Doula for some time now and have experienced several VBAC's, x2 of which have been at Kings and went smoothly. VBAC's obviously carry a slightly higher risk, but i see no reason why you couldn't go for your wish of a natural labour and birth as long as you monitor baby in late pregnancy and have all your regular medical checks. From my experience the most sucessful ones are when mum has managed to maintain a sense of calm and control throughout labour this can be achieved in many ways... breathing, exercise, massage, essential oils, visualisations, having emotional support etc. If you would like any friendly advice please feel free to get in touch if you would like. Victoria@northlondondoulas.co.uk www.northlondondoulas.co.uk

I wish you all the luck in the world and hope that you manage to have a happy and healthy birthing experience. Victoria.x

MrsHoolie Tue 21-Jun-11 13:27:01

Kings are very pro vbac,I had my DS there.
They have portable monitors plus I was allowed a water birth which many hospitals won't allow. I know they have supported women trying for vbac after 2 sections.
I would not recommend Lewisham (had 1st baby there).

natural2827 Wed 22-Jun-11 08:31:18

thank you both very much for replying, I think Kings is now my 1st choice especially as I have looked at there website now too.

If anyone else has any experience there in general please let me know, thanks

Charlotte

MrsHoolie Sat 25-Jun-11 22:42:57

The parking at King's is crap!My Dad gave us a lift when I was in labour.
Will let you know if I think of any other tips.

By the way...I really enjoyed the food and I was in there for a weekgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now