Talk

Advanced search

Experiences of Harlow hospital or midwife led unit?

(5 Posts)
glitternanny Mon 20-Jun-11 15:54:14

Does anyone have any experiences of the above for care or childbirth?

I've been to epu once any they and the scanning team were faultless.

Can anyone share their experiences?

Vakant Tue 21-Jun-11 04:36:06

I gave birth there four weeks ago. I started out on the midwife led unit using birthing pool but ended up on the labour unit at the end as I needed some help getting baby out. My experience overall was good though, would birth there again. Only complaint is that the post natal care was a bit rubbish. We had to stay overnight for monitoring because of meconium in my waters, and i didn't really get any assistance or support from the nurses.

JessieEssex Tue 21-Jun-11 14:43:21

I had my DD 10 months ago in the birthing unit and I really couldn't fault it. The staff were lovely and I felt that the mixture of feeling in charge of my own birth but also that help was on hand should I need it was great. I didn't stay overnight so I can't comment on that but I would recommend it. Good luck!

glitternanny Tue 21-Jun-11 18:43:51

Thank you ladies smile

NicholaGriff Tue 21-Jun-11 21:05:12

Hello, my cousin had her baby there and echoed Vakants comments about post natal care. My cousin was in there for 5 days and says she will not have her next baby there. Don't know where you are based, but I had my baby at Chase Farm and would definitely reccomend.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now