Talk

Advanced search

which hospital - nottingham qmc, city, kings mill or lincoln county?

(12 Posts)
babydust27 Fri 17-Jun-11 20:47:08

I live about 30 mins from each hospital so get to choose which ones id like to go to

Has anyone had any experiences in qmc, city, lincoln or kings mill?

thanks

ellenjames Fri 17-Jun-11 20:48:56

dont do lincoln

IcanandIwill Fri 17-Jun-11 20:49:47

Had dc1 at Lincoln and dc2 at city. Both different experiences but found the overall package such as consistency of cate etc better at city. Hope this helps

IcanandIwill Fri 17-Jun-11 20:53:37

Care not cate

Wormshuffler Fri 17-Jun-11 20:55:04

Why not lincoln? ellen? I'm doing Lincoln!

ellodarlin Fri 17-Jun-11 20:55:26

I had one at Queens and delivery was ok but antenatal was awful but you won't need that if you are mw led. I preferred it to City where I laboured and delivered alone. I wasn't given a room to labour in for much of the time so ended up in a corridor. My only experience of Kings Mill is A&E (poor) and childrens (ok).

babydust27 Fri 17-Jun-11 20:55:26

did you use the maternity hotel in city? its hard having to choose!!

virgiltracey Fri 17-Jun-11 20:59:27

I had both DSs at QMC and had no problems. They got rid of me pdq afterwards but that suited me fine. Where on earth do you live that you are equal distances from all of them?

To be honest I'd be going for whichever is the closest taking traffic into account. Once you're there you will ot care where you are. Nothing worse than being in labour at rush hour and trying to get to qmc or city!

babydust27 Fri 17-Jun-11 21:07:23

we live near newark but the hospital doesnt have a delivery suite but does to scans etc

I seem to be right in the middle of the 4 hospitals!!

virgiltracey Fri 17-Jun-11 21:19:56

Not sure about lincoln but I'd be using kings mill over qmc or city purely due to location and less chance you'll get stuck in dreadful traffic. Kings mill is just so much easier to get to. City in particular would be a nightmare for you if you were in labour between 7.30 and 9.30 in the morning or 4.30-6.30 in the evening.

PenguinArmy Sat 18-Jun-11 05:22:57

I was at QMC Would say delivery was good (only one dodgy MW and I was quite a while). Post-natal was also good (not great) however I didn't change a single nappy when I was there, buzzed for help with every feed and only one didn't want to give it (others had told me to buzz when feeding). I was asked a lot if I wanted to go, but once I said a firm no they backed off. Got transferred to a private room quite quickly. Don't rely on any food though.

melrose Sat 18-Jun-11 21:54:05

have you considered the midwife led unit at Grantham? I have heard good things about it.. Dont set your heart on the hotel at City, I know a couple of people eho have had babies at city recently and the hotel has been shut due to lack of staff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now