Talk

Advanced search

Emergency C Section Nightmare !!

(3 Posts)
Shashua Thu 16-Jun-11 11:48:29

Hi All , i had an emergency c section after going into hospital to be induced .Had 2 pessarys last one at 8.45pm then waters broke at 3am , followed by blood everywhere !! i means so much it was unreal , anyway i was rushed to theatre and put to sleep. When i came too 12 hrs later i was told i had a little boy ! basically what happened was my umbilical cord had grown from the side of my placenta and when waters broke it detached cord from placenta causing my poor baby to almost drown and myself to loose lots of blood too . i was told in hosp the name for the rare condition of this happening but have since forgotten . Would anyone know what the condition is called as i would like to look in to it some more. All i know is it begins with a V ??? . Many thanks

laluna Thu 16-Jun-11 12:43:02

Vasa praevia

DevonDumplin Thu 16-Jun-11 12:44:16

You sound like you really need to arrange to go to a birth debrief session where you can ask all the questions and get answers from a professional. Or if that's not something you'd like your GP should be able to tell you the actual name straight away from your records. I hope you're alright though and i've very sorry that you had such an awful time. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now