Talk

Advanced search

how does the 3rd labour compare to the other 2??

(10 Posts)
BellasYummyMummy Wed 15-Jun-11 11:48:43

I'm 8 weeks pregnant with baby number 3, and already am starting to worry about the labour!
My first was 22 hours, episiotomy + ventouse.
Second was less than 2.5 hours, just gas and air only small tear not needing stitches.
3rd???? is it all going to go horribly wrong?

nunnie Wed 15-Jun-11 11:53:44

I am the same suppose we will only know when it happens.

my 1st was born in 2 hours and 5 minutes but I had a failed 3rd stage so ended up in theatre for manual removal.

my 2nd I arrived pushing so was hoping for a quick one again, but after 3.5 hours of pushing I was told he was brow and needed an EMCS as he was in distress.

I am currently 26 weeks with number 3, and hoping maybe a nice straightforward one this time.

WentworthMillerMad Wed 15-Jun-11 18:22:34

My third was like a dream! First baby also 22 hours and venthouse, second 7 hours and 'natural'. Sore as she was 9 lb 6!
3 rd baby was 14 days late - was induced and it was a lovely experience with just gas and air!

BellasYummyMummy Wed 15-Jun-11 19:42:14

thanks wentworth (OMG he is just soo yummy isnt he?!). My 2nd was 9lb 4oz so that was a bit of an ouch too and she was 12 days late! So am really worried 3rd will be massive!! eek.

Good luck nunnie, hope 3rd baby is well behaved this time round!!

MooM00 Wed 15-Jun-11 19:58:57

The third was fine, second was really quick, third just nice and quick. I had dc3 at home which was nice, 5min 2nd stage so didn't have time to ask for the gas and air.Managed to have her while dc1 and 2 were peacefully sleeping upstairs. Having 3 dc is lovely by the way,in case you were wondering.

NationalTruss Wed 15-Jun-11 22:44:32

Oh, just posted on another thread exactly the same.

My 3rd was the best birth of all. Not too slow (like the 1st) not too fast (like the 2nd). Just gas and air, no tears or stitches.

singarainbow Wed 15-Jun-11 22:53:36

Mine was the second longest labour, after the first. 18 hrs . I was expecting her to fall out, but midwife told me, after the first 8 hrs that 3rd babies are sometimes a bit more "complicated". hmm

I guess there is no rhyme or reason, all kids are different so all pregnancies & labours will differ, and will always be unpredicatble!

notsoqueenofclean Wed 15-Jun-11 22:54:24

My third was the shortest, most relaxed labour of the lot

singarainbow Wed 15-Jun-11 22:55:26

forgot to add, with each baby they were always 1lb 1oz heavier...3rd (and last) was 9lb 14oz. shock

mouseanon Wed 15-Jun-11 22:59:55

I should be able to tell you soon (37 weeks and counting).

First was long, back to back, got stuck, ended in cs. 2nd was not much more than 2 hrs first twinge to delivery, no time for pain relief. Hoping for something between the 2 this time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now