Talk

Advanced search

Could this be the start or is this just what the last few weeks feel like?!!

(8 Posts)
pearl297 Tue 14-Jun-11 23:22:34

Im 38 weeks and have started to feel really uncomfortable tonight, i feel like my baby has doubled in size this evening and my bump is very achey and tight. I'm also a bit out of breath and have been very weepy today (although watching baby hospital on ITV tonight did not help matters!).

Could this be the start or is this just how the last few weeks feel? Hope noe 2-4 more weeks of this is not something i will be enjoying.

Thanks

Moog72 Wed 15-Jun-11 12:38:45

Hi pearl. I don't know the answer I'm afraid but I feel similar to you. I am 40+1 and my bump has gone really tight and hard and uncomfortable - I am also out of breath. Please let it be the start of something!

KeepOnSwimming Thu 16-Jun-11 17:11:26

Any news?

prolificwillybreeder Fri 17-Jun-11 09:21:16

I'm only 35+3 and I feel like this!
This isn't my first though and I can't remember what it felt like last time at all. I imagine when the pain really kicks in, it will all come flooding back!
How are you both?

jasmine51 Fri 17-Jun-11 11:37:05

Hi Pearl - yup sounds about right...but it means you are on the home stretch so yay! I'm 40 +1 as well as Moog and have had all sorts of uncomfortable stuff going on for a couple of weeks including crying because I dropped a banana on the floor!! In the past couple of days I have experienced the infamous 'drop' and although this increases the pressure 'down below' it has very suddenly eased my breathing and heart burn which is great. So, bear with it, you are nearly there and you might get some relief before the big event that will make you a bit more comfortable.

pearl297 Fri 17-Jun-11 13:15:15

Thanks Jasmine, I had another 'uncomfortable do' last night which lasted a couple of hours but everything’s back to normal today. I’m pretty sure they are Braxton Hicks although it also kinda feels a bit like trapped wind or like I need a poo! sorry TMI blush so I’m getting used to the idea that if I go the full 2 weeks over i could have another 3 + 1/2 weeks of it - joy confused.

I'm glad its not just me crying at daft things i seem to be switching between being weepy and having pregnancy rage ( i feel sorry for my poor DP).

Sending labour vibes to you two overdue ladies, I have a feeling i may be quite hard work to live with if/when I go over.

Prolific - hope yours settle down, how often are you getting them? I’ve only had 2 episodes in 3 days so it could be a lot worse i suppose.

prolificwillybreeder Fri 17-Jun-11 19:43:47

I'm getting them every couple of days I would say. Unfortuntely even though I have appeared to have dropped and definitely feeling the pressure, just attempting to get on to the floor was a nightmare and felt just awful.
I am too crying at odd things poor DP.
Hope you are feeling ok Pearl

Hope you overdue ladies get your new arrivals asap.

babylann Fri 17-Jun-11 19:46:02

Happened for about a month before DD came for me. It's a very stressful time, constantly wondering whether or not you're going into labour, but the day I did start getting contractions I knew from the second one that it was definitely time. Most people I know have said they "just knew" when it was the real time.

Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now