Talk

Advanced search

Mucus plug-is it always all in one bit?

(14 Posts)
Hormoneoverload Mon 13-Jun-11 22:38:25

I'm trying to double guess when baby will come, which is silly given that I'm 38 + 5, but dd did come nine days before due date. Sorry if tmi, but have had jelly like mucus last day or so, but not one big blob. Could it be the plug coming away bit by bit? Not sure I remember how it was for previous two pregnancies!

Grumpla Mon 13-Jun-11 22:41:51

I didn't have a blob, just jelly.

Get some sleep just in case eh?

2cats2many Mon 13-Jun-11 22:43:55

It's pretty blobby when it comes away, but it can be more than one blob.

I don't want to discourage you, but my 'blob' came away a week and a half before my ds was born.

Beamur Mon 13-Jun-11 22:44:45

I don't recall even seeing mine.

Hormoneoverload Mon 13-Jun-11 22:58:04

Yeah, I think mine was a while before dd arrived-the show was Monday, labour started Friday but can't remember the plug as well! Have no recollection of plug for ds, show was the night before. I think it's a way off yet! As for the people who say the bump's dropped, I am afraid that has more to do with muscles giving up than a head engaged! Ah well. Plenty of cupboards left to tidy! Comments helpful-thanks! Alas, no one to be interested in mucus talk in real life!!!

gallicgirl Mon 13-Jun-11 23:00:46

I'm afraid I was in labour for several hours before I lost my plug.

At least I think that's what it was confused

Not very helpful there!

Anyway, I had no signs whatsoever before contractions started so you might as well just relax while you can. smile

Hormoneoverload Tue 14-Jun-11 06:54:12

Oh, no need to relax now- the whole thing will be a breeze! Dd, 5 has already told me she'll bs doing all the work!

youarekidding Tue 14-Jun-11 07:01:31

I passed plug on the Wednesday morning and DS was engaged and contractions every 7-20 minutes. Watres broke 24 hours later and he was born 4.5hrs later by ECS.

So I was quick. grin

Best of luck.

Cookie51 Wed 15-Jun-11 20:03:38

Had a big pink/brown mucousy blobby thing last week (at 33 weeks), went to hospital, they kept me in for 24 hours then said nothing to worry about. Does this means labour is on it's way? Anyone have similar experience and deliver early/on time?

Hormoneoverload Thu 16-Jun-11 08:04:47

I went into labour five days after a bloody mucus show. But the midwife said was likely to happen, so if yours said nothing to worry about and they've sent you home, it would suggest they don't think anything's imminent.

AmberLeaf Thu 16-Jun-11 08:19:05

Mine came out in bits and bobs each time varying between 1-3 days before the actual 'event'

CherryPie3 Thu 16-Jun-11 14:44:25

I think it's different for everyone.

With dd I never saw one bur she was 5wks early.

With ds1 I also never saw one, he was born 39+6

With ds2 I was losing bits for 10days, then my waters went whoosh at 36+0, ds2 born 9 hours later 36+1.

Not helpful, sorry..... blush

CherryPie3 Thu 16-Jun-11 14:45:05

And obviously I can't spell blushblush

ohnelly Fri 17-Jun-11 10:50:40

I didn't see mine at all and have had two children! Both were late, don't know if that is relevant or not though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now