Talk

Advanced search

VBAC after 2 c-sections

(7 Posts)
sassy34264 Mon 13-Jun-11 16:02:15

Anyone else had 2 or more c-sections and then managed a vbac?
I had an emergency c-section 11 years ago because the baby was stuck and an elective c-section last year because I was pregnant with twins.

I want to try for a vbac in oct when my next baby is due- purely because I will have two 15month toddlers and a newborn to look after (also my 11yr old) and as my dp is armed forces, i am usually alone during the week.

I have not seen my consultant yet but when i told the hospital doc what my plans where she had a good go at frightening me and even fetched a registrar to ram home the point! I've been made to believe that it's very unlikely the consultant will 'let' me have a vbac. I'm prepared for a fight and i have found a good website that is very positive. But i would put the baby 1st if the need arose.

I'm also not getting supportive vibes off my dp or my mum!

Would love to know others' stories and outcomes .

VeryHungryKatypillar Tue 14-Jun-11 19:48:22

Hi Sassy - I've only had one c-section but am hoping for a VBAC in the next few weeks. If you get the VBAC Handbook, it has several VBAC birth stories, some of which being after more than one cs. Also try looking at this website for some more vbac stories and information generally.

HTH and good luck!

HappyHugs Tue 14-Jun-11 21:19:19

Hi sassy, I had emergency section in 2005, elective section in2008 and a vba2c a few months ago (rapid labour a week before section was supposed to happen). No probe at all and in retrospect I'm glad I had the experience.

HappyHugs Tue 14-Jun-11 21:19:53

'probs' not probe !

EyeoftheStorm Tue 14-Jun-11 21:21:25

Sassy, I had 2 c-sections then a VBAC (not through choice - he was premature). I was quite happy to have third c-section but twas not to be. One of the things that got me through and kept me calm was that early in pregnancy my consultant had said there was no reason why I couldn't have a VB and he was happy to go for one if I wanted. DS1 had been breech and with DD1 my waters broke a bit early, she was back to back and I wasn't dilating.

Maybe talk through the reasons for your c-sections with your consultant. Mine just said as long as there was no induction it should be fine.

Experience-wise the two types of birth were so different and all mixed up with DS2 being prem that I can't separate it out. C-sections were calm, controlled, physically no problems. VBAC was massive highs and lows, physically fine.

Hope you get what you want and you get the support you need.

rachaelsara Tue 14-Jun-11 22:05:07

It might be worth talking to a few doulas, we have all kinds of lay experience. Doula.org.uk and nurturingbirth.co.uk are good places to start. I'm too far away to help, but I've supported one vba1c and I'm due to be with another lady who's baby's expected soon.

All the very best of luck x

sassy34264 Wed 15-Jun-11 11:27:10

thanks for your replys. im thinking that unless the baby is in distress and an emergency c secton is needed, im gonna insist on Vbac. although whether i'll change my mind when the pain gets bad! smile
although ive heard of a doula, i think its more a southern thing. i dont know anyone who has used one, here up north. grin do they only work on home births? i dont think im brave enough with my history to stay at home.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now