Talk

Advanced search

Totally TMI - Sorry - Greenish, stringy discharge?

(10 Posts)
VeryHungryKatypillar Mon 13-Jun-11 09:27:11

Pretty gross, not loads of it but got same result on a few wipes. Would have made more sense if it came out of my nose... is this the beginnings of a show or could it be an infection (doesn't smell). Am going to mention to midwife today but any similar experiences would be helpful...

tavish Mon 13-Jun-11 13:15:32

I've just started a thread about a similar thing happening to me on the pregnany talk and most ladies seem to think its my plug slowly coming away. Tmi warning I've had a few instances now it basically looks like snot creamy/green very sticky non smelling. Would be good to hear what your mw says.

VeryHungryKatypillar Mon 13-Jun-11 13:50:22

Thanks tavish - MW has taken a swab to check for infection/meconium. She said she was being very cautious and it was probably nothing, but she did say that green/brown is not good generally. Mine is definitely green but tending to look a bit brownish too. Seems to have stopped now, so perhaps it was just one of those things. If you've got any concerns would recommend you at least speak with your midwife to see what she reckons - and let me know what she says!

tavish Mon 13-Jun-11 16:02:23

Yea I'm seeing mine on Wed as mine was more like snot than blood/meconium think I'll leave it til then unless I get any more. Glad yours is being over cautious that's always good to know xx Best of luck xx

VeryHungryKatypillar Mon 13-Jun-11 17:20:05

Thanks tavish - I see from your other thread that you're 38 weeks, me too!

tavish Mon 13-Jun-11 19:53:46

Will have to see who gets to the finish line 1st I'm due to be induced next Wed as I have GD but wanted to try to do it naturally so trying most of the old wives tales lol no luck yet

PrincessJenga Tue 14-Jun-11 19:55:11

Marking place. I also have green snot like 'bits' in my discharge (sorry, sorry, TMI!) and am wondering if it is the start of a show. Can you keep us updated about what the MW says?

VeryHungryKatypillar Tue 14-Jun-11 21:51:52

Will do - MW says she will be calling tomorrow with any news of infection (or not)... I think it may have been the start of my show... I've had some non-green, clearish blobs today, definitely not discharge as such. Some crampy pains on and off but nothing regular...

Good luck with getting to finish line without being induced tavish!

tavish Thu 16-Jun-11 14:46:01

Spoke to my mw and she thinks its probably bits of the mucous plug as doesn't always come away in 1 go plus had some cramp on and off and what I think are BH,belly has been tightening,so no need to worry snot is quite natural apparently another pregnancy joy lol. My induction has moved forward to this Monday and lo seems quite comfy where she is so don't think she'll make a move on her own but will keep you updated thx xx

VeryHungryKatypillar Thu 16-Jun-11 18:00:28

Good news tavish - thanks for the update! Lets hope this is the start of things before Monday! My swab results came back negative, so green snot definitely not an infection (well, vaginal, I guess it could still be a UTI but I'm fairly sure it emanates from the fanjo!).

Has MW tried giving you a sweep before they induce you? I'm wondering whether the fact that bits of the plug may have come away means that our cervixes will be favourable? I'm at the hospital next Thurs and hope they'll give me a sweep then..

Good luck for Monday!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now