Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone had a successful VBAC in less than a year?

(6 Posts)
nunnie Mon 13-Jun-11 08:46:38

My 1st was natural birth prgressed very quickly and DD was out within 2 hours 5 minutes. However did have a retained placenta which needed manually removing in theatre.

my 2nd progressed very quickly from 1st to 2nd stage arrived at hospital pushing, but DS was brow and became distressed after 3 and half hours of pushing it was decided it was best for DS to be delivered by EMCS.

I am now currently 25 weeks with number 3 I fell pregnant on my one and only bedroom bounce when DS was 11 weeks old (we did use a condom but it wasn't enough).

Anyway there is my history, I was set on having an ELCS mainly due to the gap, but have now decided I think I will try for a VBAC so just wondered if there was some people out there that can reassure me it is possible with such a small gap between the two.

Thank you for reading.

nunnie Mon 13-Jun-11 12:49:46

Hopeful bump.

BarbaraBar Mon 13-Jun-11 12:52:35

I had a vbac with ds2 exactly 53 weeks after I had a section with ds1, so just a week over the year.

Entirely achievable and a much more pleasant experience than the em section. smile

irregularegular Mon 13-Jun-11 12:53:30

I had only a 16-17 month gap, then had a VBAC with no problems. I was even allowed to be induced, which I think is relatively unusual. The first was an elective due to breech position.

nunnie Mon 13-Jun-11 17:48:38

Tell me not to be nosey, were your VBAC unassisted, not unassisted hang on baby brain (my excuse and sticking to it).

Erm......blimey can't think of what I'm trying to say.

Did it involve forceps etc is what I'm trying to ask.

BarbaraBar Mon 13-Jun-11 18:00:28

They needed to use a ventouse at the end.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now