Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Cauterisation of scar tissue

(4 Posts)
toomuchteaching Sat 11-Jun-11 22:00:34

Following a second degree tear with DD (now 21 weeks) I have been to the GP because of bleeding and pain. He has referred me to gynaecology to have my scar tissue cauterised with silver nitrate because there is a bit of what should be internal tissue on the outside of the ridge, causing the issues.

Please tell me this isn't as bad as it sounds! No... please tell me your experience of this, I have no idea what to expect.

I am hopeful however that it will at least mean things go back to normal.

sillysow Sat 11-Jun-11 22:53:04

I had granulation tissue on my epi scar which was very sore. My gp applied silver nitrate which pretty much solved the issue for me. Had it not have done she wold have referred me to gynae in the way that you have been. It was a little tender at immediately after being done but soon settled down. Wishing you the best - it is speedy and is worth it smile

PipCarrier Sun 12-Jun-11 13:32:44

I had this done - it stings for a few minutes but that's it! Don't worry, it's absolutely fine and especially when you've just given birth!

toomuchteaching Mon 13-Jun-11 10:34:41

Thank you both... much appreciated. Just waiting for an appointment now, fingers crossed it's quick and it works.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: