Talk

Advanced search

Childbirth and childcare

(4 Posts)
Ma123 Sat 11-Jun-11 21:35:48

Hi all,

I am expecting BB2 in August. I have no family around and nobody I can count on 24/7 to look after my 1st child (3 years old). I am really worried about who will look after my child while I am in hospital.
How do you mums do? Is there such a thing as 'emergency' babysitter that can be called anytime day and night?
Thanks for your advice.

thehiddenpaw Sat 11-Jun-11 21:41:00

i had no family around but local people who are good friends stepped in, One mom was french (am irish) and she had been through similar so offered early to be a backstop. As it is an emergency, I would suggest you think about who would do daycare for you and ask your neighbours would they help in a real emergency. I do live in rural area so probably people here more tolerant and prepared to help each other. wishing you well, ps am about to have number 3 and have asked one set of neighbours to be the midnight call out and have lined up mix of babysittters and friends for more normal hours, It is a big worry

BikeRunSki Sat 11-Jun-11 21:44:25

I'm in pretty much the same situation as you Ma123; I'm thinking it'll have to be different people for different days/time of day, whilst we mobilise Granny (6 hours away + work commitments).

MovingAndScared Sat 11-Jun-11 22:13:28

I had friends who could have covered but I got my mum to come and stay around my due date. She's retired though
home birth an opition at all?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now