Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Anyone using Natal Hypnotherapy?

(4 Posts)
glitternanny Sat 11-Jun-11 18:21:38

Hi

Is anyone out there using natal hypnotherapy to help with with childbirth?

I'm just wondering if there is anything for partners to listen to or join in with.

I'm trying to decide whether to use a friend's offer of an Easibirthing course for the both of us as sessions, OR do natal alone.

Thanks in advance.

Emma

DoMeDon Sat 11-Jun-11 20:42:06

I did hypnobirthing - DH came along and it was excellent- really helped me.

ContentedMaybe Sat 11-Jun-11 20:57:47

I bought these cds - preparation, childbirth & post natal - and they were great www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk/?gclid=CLLdyeXQrqkCFQRP4Qod2nEiLA

I had planned for a homebirth, which didn't happen, but the cds definitely helped me to relax during the labour and the 32 hours I was at home. Your partner is supposed to listen to the CD with you so that he / she can provide you with key messages and touches. Unfortunately, my husband didn't, but just listening to the cd helped anyway.

I loved taking 30 mins or so each day to listen to the cd, as it was real bonding time with my bump and made me feel very positive in the lead up to labour.

I'm pregnant again now and will be using the cds again.

Wishing you all the best :-)

nannyl Sat 11-Jun-11 22:56:43

hello emma

you can hear the person and their voice here

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: