Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Water birth - can you have one to?

(4 Posts)
pupuce Sun 05-Oct-03 16:01:18

Spod - I didn't want to hijack (more than necessary ) Pie's thread....
Why are you having an elective and not a water birth ?
Pupuce - Pie's doula

Spod Tue 07-Oct-03 00:48:00

hi, I'm having an elective because i have long history of spinal problems ... had my lower spine bolted together 18 months ago.... have ongoing problems and didnt think a long labour or normal delivery was wise as no-one can guarentee that it wouldnt cause further damage to spine. I was interested in Pie having a water birth because I thought she would have a c section due to her SPD... so i was surprised. I am tempted to try but common sense tells me that I know the state of my back and it wouldnt stand up well to a difficult labour. If someone could assure me of a quick easy labour I would go for a water birth!! ta for your interest xxx

pupuce Tue 07-Oct-03 07:58:20

Spod - sorry about all your serious physical difficulties.... I am sorry I wasn't aware.
For Pie an elective would not have been an easy solution as the recovery period of the section would have been quite difficult and probably longer.
Pie did not have a quick and easy one the 1st time around but a very quick and good the 2nd time around.
There are many reasons for that - which we can talk about off mumsnet if you'd like.
If you had a first vaginal birth (even difficult - let's face it many of us have very hard 1st time) and the vast majority of us have a much easier time the 2nd time around.
If you'd like to get in touch --- don't hesitate

Spod Tue 07-Oct-03 22:11:26

thanks.... maybe when its time for baby no. 2 I can consider more alternatives! thanx again

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: