Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

overdue - school run again tomorrow

(9 Posts)
twins2004 Sun 05-Jun-11 17:15:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

camdancer Sun 05-Jun-11 17:36:00

I'm getting a t-shirt made saying "no, I haven't had it yet!" Luckily I don't have to do the preschool run until Tuesday but I'm still dreading it.

"Yes, I have heard that sex/pineapple/raspberry leaf tea/curry ... can bring on labour"

Grrrr.

Thornykate Sun 05-Jun-11 17:38:13

You have my sympathies- DS3 (the only one at primary school) isn't due back until Tuesday & I am booked in for induction tomorrow so should avoid it!

It's strange how it's other mums who make the most comments. Apart from the odd text & comment on fbook I haven't suffered too much this time. And I really love & appreciate the friends who when they see me ask how I am rather than ask (in a roundabout way) why my cervix isn't dilating.

Maybe bribe someone into doing the school run for you? Good luck!

Thornykate Sun 05-Jun-11 17:41:03

grin @ camdancer we should have a pregnancy room 101. In it should go pineapple, hot curry & Ginger biscuits!

WanderingSheep Sun 05-Jun-11 17:54:59

Oh no, you poor thing!

I gave birth to DD2 in the February half term and I was sooo glad because I was dreading getting all of the comments mentioned above!

I did, however, get comments such as: "thank god you've had it. I was feeling so sorry for you - you were HUGE!" Erm...thanks? hmm

Almost6 Sun 05-Jun-11 18:00:39

hi your not alone, I'm 40w Tuesday when mine go back and was sick of comments before half term. didn't think I was overly big until I had the " u got 2 in there" or "really you have a week or 2 left and your that big you sure they ain't messed up your dates" etc dreading going back without baby in arms! had a sweep n that's failed am thinking I'm prob gona go full 2weeks over! Not sure why everyone feels they have a right to an opinion on my size, due date, baby etc.
at least the end is in sight! Think I might slap the next one that says hello bump, just want to scream my name is not bump do I say hello fatty to you!
But no I have manners so will bite my tounge! Wouldn't mind so much but she bout same size as a pregnant me so think she really should keep that comment to herself!
Sorry bout the rant there and hope everyone lo's turn up soon happy n healthy x

PonceyMcPonce Sun 05-Jun-11 18:01:59

Joannezipan Sun 05-Jun-11 18:19:57

I say drive the kids to school and make them comando roll out while you slow down a bit. Then you won't have to talk to any of them! grin

twins2004 Sun 05-Jun-11 18:49:35

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: