Talk

Advanced search

Post Csec pain in the long term?

(10 Posts)
FutureNannyOgg Sun 05-Jun-11 16:55:42

Just canvassing experience really.

Nearly 10 months after I still get a dull ache (like period pains, but not the crampy type) a fair bit, my outer scar is a little uncomfortable if poked, although I am still missing a lot of sensation in the skin around the area, and I get a lot of the achey soreness after sex (for a day or 2, enough that it kind of puts me off) and if I do heavy physical activity, like dancing.

Was just wondering how normal this is, how long I might expect to wait until I feel relatively normal. I should probably go to the Dr, but I've spoken to a couple of mums in similar positions and I don't really want to waste both our time to simply be told to wait it out and heal.

PeppaPigandGeorge Sun 05-Jun-11 18:04:36

I have had two CS and have not experienced this; maybe for a month or so but certainly not 10. I'd go to the doctor.

fruitybread Sun 05-Jun-11 18:53:41

I can only speak for myself, but had nothing like this after my CS, I felt pretty normal quite quickly. At 11 months post CS, I wouldn't know anything had happened to me if I didn't go rifling through my pubes trying to find the scar line. Was it an EMCS - were there any problems afterwards, like an infection in the wound? I guess that might slow down healing... I would go and see a doc if I were you, you won't be wasting their time.

Loubicheeza Sun 05-Jun-11 19:00:23

I had 2 infections in the scar and more soreness on the outside 9 months later. Numbness was definitely still there 10 months later. I had an EMCS. It was all fine within a year however. I know a number of Mum's who had C-Sections, and none of them had these problems. Every case is different. I would talk to your doctor about it though to put your mind at rest.

EmsieRo Sun 05-Jun-11 19:13:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FutureNannyOgg Sun 05-Jun-11 20:42:08

Thanks. It was EMCS, but I healed really well, had a tiny bit open up on the surface (about half a cm) and wept for a few days at about 6 weeks, but otherwise fine. The scar on the outside is visible, but not angry. I was especially worried as I had a nasty appendectomy (the wound is just below my csec scar and about 2/3 the length) which took me longer to initially recover from (I was off work for 2 months, I couldn't walk without a stick for 4 weeks) but I know I was clear of any pain in the area and had all my abdominal strength back in less than 6 months.

I'm sure I read somewhere about it being best to wait 2 years after a section before getting pregnant again, then I spoke to someone the other day whose Dr told her 6 months. I'm not planning on another until DS is at least a year old, but waiting 2 seems a long while. I shall ask the Dr about that too.

EmsieRo Sun 05-Jun-11 22:02:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BillyJoel Sun 05-Jun-11 22:06:06

I had 3 CS and didn't have any of your current symptoms. Had very nastly fungal infection near the wound for a year before I mentioned it to doc, but nothing like you mention.

Back to the docs for you...

redundant Mon 06-Jun-11 08:50:53

I didn't have any of the symptoms you mention, would get checked out, good luck

LiegeAndLief Mon 06-Jun-11 14:35:44

I had very similar symptoms after my cs and went to my gp about it after about a year. She said it is caused by adhesions (ie scar tissue stuck to bits of you inside) and there isn't much you can do about it - she would have tried medication if it was very bad, but it wasn't bothering me that much.

Have since had dc2 (VBAC) and now have no pain at all. External scar much improved too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now