Talk

Advanced search

Contraction question & natural labour question

(6 Posts)
tavish Thu 02-Jun-11 19:04:57

Just wanted to pick your brains,is there really anyway of helping lo to get here before hospital induce me as would by far prefer to go down the natural route. I've already started the EPO & RLT as you never know (I know these don't bring on labour but hopefully help once things get moving).
Also lo is very active still at 36+3 will this slow down once contractions begin?

chocolatecrispies Thu 02-Jun-11 19:09:59

What's RLT? I had acupuncture at 40 +4, went into labour the next day, but who knows if it helped! After all going into labour at 40+5 is hardly a surprise...

tavish Thu 02-Jun-11 19:32:21

Raspberry leaf tea its supposed to strengthen contractions by working the uterus. Because of my gd they've given me a date of 22nd to induce me.

Zimbah Thu 02-Jun-11 19:42:35

"Also lo is very active still at 36+3 will this slow down once contractions begin?"

I'm sure it depends on the baby, but DD2 was a very active baby and continued kicking and wriggling throughout my labour from start to finish, which I didn't really enjoy, felt like she was adding insult to injury!

tavish Thu 02-Jun-11 19:43:57

Thx Zimbah something else to look forward too lol

Happypapa Sun 05-Jun-11 13:06:12

It's funny, the thing that seemed to send my wife into labout at 41+1 was that her Grandmother (who's a BIG fusser) went back to the country. She's was staying with my mother-in-law up the road around the due date and when the baby was late she had to leave. My wife loves her Grandmother but she was so relieved to have all the fussing gonethat she completely relaxed and went straight into labour. I'd say there's a lot to be said for really being relaxed, not having anything on your mind other than bubba and also making sure you're happy with 'the nest'. There's no way you body and mind will release that little sweety until you're super happy and relaxed with your environment and feeling emotionally at ease.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now