Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Desperate! 8 Days overdue. Five days of contractions

(6 Posts)
chamunt Wed 01-Jun-11 19:29:47

I am hoping to get advice from anyone who's had a similar experience.

I was due on the 24th May and I've been having contractions every 4 - 10 mins since Saturday night. I haven't slept so I'm absolutely exhausted - i've been walking around but now i'm just too tired. Every time I get a contraction my back is in agony because of the wear of the last five days. I've been sent home from the hospital twice because I haven't reached active labour. I don't know how I'm going to get through another two days until they'll induce me. I really feel desperate.

Any advice?
Thanks

mummynoseynora Wed 01-Jun-11 19:31:56

ring your midwife - she may well do a sweep to try and encourage things along

good luck - I have had two labours like that... its Not Fun

runningmonkey Wed 01-Jun-11 19:36:36

Yes I second asking for a sweep - after two weeks of on off twinges I went into labour an hour after my second sweep and had my DS 5hours later! (was 9 days overdue) that and bouncing on a gym ball
Hope it happens soon for you

chamunt Wed 01-Jun-11 19:41:47

Thanks for quick replies. I got a sweep yesterday and that got rid of the mucus plug a few hours later, but still no active labour.

PenguinArmy Fri 03-Jun-11 04:51:53

Turn up and cry. I think they got fed up with me calling, did a examination and since I was 4cm I was allowed to stay. A day later they broke my waters at which point it all quick. I remember wanting an epidural just to get some sleep. Sympathies, this is def. the worse bit. Labour was fine as at least you could focus. Pushing wasn't painful just hard work.

PenguinArmy Fri 03-Jun-11 04:52:19

Just realised this was 2 days ago, hope it went/going well smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: