just curious really. Mine is on Monday and I've been getting lots of on and off niggles. Really don't want a natural birth for DC2 after some fairly big pelvic floor/prolapse issues last time and have consultant support for ELCS. But if it all happens quickly I know there might not be any other choice!
I was scheduled for a ELCS because DD was breech. My waters broke at home so I went into triage. They monitored me for a bit, sent me through to delivery, did an internal exam, discovered I was fully dilated with DD's leg and hand presenting and rushed me through for an EMCS.
This was in the afternoon of the day I was scheduled to have my ELCS. They had sent me home in the morning because they'd struck me off their list (apparently I'd already given birth!??!) and given my slot to someone else. Needless to say, I was a leetle pissed off.
I have twice, first time at 33weeks with twin girls as my waters went so went in and kept me in labour for 36 hours while having steroids (luckily only full on contractions for a few hours.
6 weeks ago I went into hospital for my pre op chat, had some fab contractions as we left hospital, got home and my waters went. Got to hospital at 12.30, had an examination to make sure it was my waters and was in theatre by 4.30 had the twin boy at just gone 5.
This happened to me. Waters went (I didn't have any contractions or other signs) 10 days before ELCS date.
MWs advice had been to give them a ring and get in as SOON as I thought something was up. If you go in and are in early stages of labour, they simple move the CS and do it earlier. technically it counts as an EMCS, but really, it's the same op but earlier. No panicky rush. That was what happened to me. I just had it 10 days early. Everything was fine, DS had an APGAR of 9 and no problems, so he was clearly ready.
If you are in doubt, go in. They can give you half an hour on the monitor to see if you are contracting, and if it looks like things are starting, they can start seeing where to fit you in over the next day or so. I know the usual advice with labour is to wait, and stay at home as long as possible, but if you want your CS, go as soon as you think it might be the start of labour.
twin, I went in as soon as I realised I was having real contractions and not BHs. By the time I arrived and was assessed I was 2-3 inches dilated. My waters had apparently slowly leaked away without me even realising. It was all incredibly quick - from waking up having contractions at 5a.m, arriving at hospital at 6, and dd was born at 8.01.