Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Music for ELCS

(9 Posts)
Boogiemumma Wed 01-Jun-11 12:06:33

I'm having ELCS on Tues and feel quite relaxed about it all, can't wait to meet DD. Consultant said that I'm welcome to bring in a CD for DD to be born to. Has anyone or is anyone planning to take music in for their birth? I want to choose something memorable and timeless, I'm curious what music anyone else has thought to take in?

WidowWadman Wed 01-Jun-11 12:21:31

Hmm, I was too busy chatting to the anaesthesist to be actually listening to music.

QTPie Wed 01-Jun-11 14:48:56

Hi

I thought about it long and hard and wanted something "timeless, relaxing, but upbeat" (if that makes sense) - so went for something light, upbeat and a bit jazzy. Still have the playlist on my iphone (brings back nice memories):
- Come Fly with Me (Michael Buble)
- What a Difference a Day Makes (Dinah Washington)
- Sunrise (Norah Jones)
- All Time Love (Will Young)
- Come Away with Me (NJ)
- Don't Know Why (NJ)
- I Cried for You (Katie Melhua)
- Try a Little Tenderness (MB)
- Home (MB)
- The Way You Look Tonight (MB)
- Womderful Tonight (MB)
- Georgia on My Mind (MB)

Embarrassingly, I was so caught up in the birth that I don't know what was playing when he was born! Anaesthetist liked my choices though.

graciousenid Wed 01-Jun-11 17:41:19

we've had Carol King's Tapestry for all of ours, it's become a tradition (all born to different songs though) - must look it out for #4!

PaigeTurner Thu 02-Jun-11 18:35:37

They had the radio on when DS was born. Was cut open to Madonna's Get Into The Groove hmm

Boogiemumma Thu 02-Jun-11 19:53:53

Ha ha how fitting smile

wheresmytractor Sat 04-Jun-11 22:00:04

I have had amongst others:
Feel my love - Adele
Somewhere over the rainbow - Eva Cassidy
Circle game - Joni Mitchell

Panzee Sat 04-Jun-11 22:01:40

Something short. grin It's 5 minutes from cut to birth.

duckdodgers Sun 05-Jun-11 10:21:59

They also had the radio on when I had my emergency CS. Leona Lewis Bleeding Love was playing when they tried and failed to get the epidural sited. And Johnny Mathis When A Child Is Born was playing just before he was born, honestly! Cheesy but lovely!!! (My DS was born on 14 December so there was a good chance there would be some Christmas music on grin)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: