Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Anyone got any experience of baby getting head down after 37 weeks?

(7 Posts)
elseIlltellyourfather Mon 30-May-11 13:02:43

Baby has gone from transverse to oblique and is now thought (by MW) to be oblique but opposite from what it was - I felt he/she had turned head down so very disapointed. Having a scan later this week but will be a CS at 39 weeks if not turned (ECV not offered to oblique babies). Anyone's baby sorted itself out this late? Really desperate to avoid CS if I can. Off for a sleep now, will check back later! Thanks.

frida75 Mon 30-May-11 17:18:59

Try acupuncture!

I had my baby turned from breach at 33 weeks (It would still have had plenty of time but the acupuncturist offered to turn it and I thought I'd give it a go) I wasn't really expecting it to work but 5 hours after my appointment baby did 3 MASSIVE lurches that nearly threw me off the bed and has been head down ever since.

It may be a bit late in the day but it's worth a try. Maybe ask whether the practitioner thinks it would be possible before you book an appointment.
Good luck smile

IhateSunday Mon 30-May-11 17:21:39

Well mine has just moved from transverse to head down at 36 weeks, have no idea if she is still there or not.. but anyway, I know it's not 37 weeks but close, there is hope x Good luck.

hugeleyoutnumbered Mon 30-May-11 18:26:48

get on all fours, or sit on an exercise ball both worked for me, or the combination of the two did good luck grin

GetDownYouWillFall Mon 30-May-11 18:42:20

I agree to getting down on all fours. My midwife said it also helps to waggle your bottom like a dog wagging its tail! Oh the dignity!

hollyw Sun 05-Jun-11 23:28:08

Try accupuncture. Scrub floors (get on your hands and knees) and check out http://www.spinningbabies.com/techniques/in-pregnancy.

x
H

Cutiecat Mon 06-Jun-11 00:09:58

Elbows and knees on the floor bum in the air. Don't sit back on the sofa try to keep really upright at all other times. I would try to see if you could have the baby turned. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: