Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Having c section but feel awful from virus ;(

(6 Posts)
sarahbeth2 Fri 27-May-11 08:37:04

They will still do it wont they if im ill? Feel rubbish so plan to stay in bed today and tom to try and get rid of it. They wont refuse or anything will they. Silly post i know!

littlemisslozza Fri 27-May-11 08:43:57

They might postpone it for a day or two, especially if your chest has been affected by the virus. Good plan just to rest and hopefully you'll be well enough.

sarahbeth2 Fri 27-May-11 08:48:31

Just got awful cough and had headaches for over 1o days and sore throat, stuffy etc ;(
Really dont want to postpone it!

buttonmoon78 Fri 27-May-11 12:10:39

I know you don't want to postpone it, but having a newborn and a virus is not going to be fun. And if you have a cough then surely a section is not a good idea?!

I hope they do postpone as (whilst I understand your late pg desire to get it over with) I think they'd be irresponsible to continue.

Good luck - I hope you feel better soon.

supermumreginaanimumnonrapiet Fri 27-May-11 13:33:42

I would have a C-section but my child is the Holy Messiah so I must be above such earthly temptations.

sarahbeth2 Fri 27-May-11 19:15:36

I do have strep b so i want a c section as this is the best way to try and prevent it in a newborn rather than go into labour. I guess i will have to just rest and hope it goes in time ;(

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: