Talk

Advanced search

Stitches

(6 Posts)
cameli Sun 22-May-11 15:15:15

I had my dd 10 days ago & had stitches 'inside' - not sure how many but was told it's considered 2nd degree tearing. Does anyone know how long the stitches take to dissolve?

cardamomginger Sun 22-May-11 18:47:14

Can be up to 6 weeks. Congratulations! XX

PrincessScrumpy Mon 23-May-11 09:14:31

Stitches dissolve fairly quickly. I had a lot of internal stitches and found my scar tissue was very sensitive for a long time afterwards. I think I was abnormal, but the sensitivity in sex as there for about 10 months. All better now. It really depends on how the tears are and who stitches you up. The initial discomfort was gone very quickly.

Congratulations on the birth of your dd! Look after yourself x

nparkin Sun 29-May-11 19:42:37

Wow so glad to hear someone else have the same prob as me Princess Srumpy!! My stitches were done really well and have dissolved but at 4 months on I am still sore everyday and its driving me a bit nuts have you got any advice to stop the achy pain???

muslimah28 Sun 29-May-11 22:06:05

Nparkin rest lots is my advice and don't overdo it.difficult with a newborn I know but your body needs rest to heal.and if the pain is unbearable go to your gp for a referral to a gynae

Cyclebump Mon 30-May-11 14:16:01

I had those too. I heal quickly, and mine were pretty much healed at about 4 weeks.

Highly recommend hottish salt baths or a drop of tea tree oil in the bath, worked wonders!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now