Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

What's going on? (TMI alert)

(10 Posts)
KittenFace Thu 19-May-11 10:15:09

Hi all,

I'm 37+2 with DC1. Since about week 27 I've had really heavy mucus like discharge, so much so I've had to wear a pad. This morning it was blood streaked, could this be a show?

Also, I've had period-like pains and backache regularly on and off for the past week or so.

About 4 weeks ago I was in a car accident and when I went to hospital it was found that I was having regular contractions (even though I couldn't feel them), my cervix was soft and 1cm dilated, and I was having the same kind of back / tummy pains then. I was admitted to the maternity ward, and fortunately the contractions subsided and baby decided to stay where he was. While my back has not been pain free since, the severity of the pain does vary.

Sorry to ramble on, but I'm very confused as to whether I'm just experiencing the discomfort of late pregnancy, or whether I'm likely to go into labour any time soon. Any opinions would be gratefully received! Thanks!

carocaro Thu 19-May-11 11:40:19

Call you midwife and/or hospital and ask them, what did they say?

GibberingGinger Thu 19-May-11 11:55:52

I reckon you are probably going to have the baby this week. But I'm no expert but phone and check with your midwife if you are worried.

nannyl Thu 19-May-11 13:00:23

no idea but also think you need to call the midwife and let them decide.

good luck

4pudding Fri 20-May-11 12:06:47

Sounds like labour to me. Good luck!

KittenFace Fri 27-May-11 13:08:48

Quick update- I spoke to the midwife who requested that I come in for examination as it sounded like very early labour. I had a bath and set off for hospital.....and almost gave birth in the car!

My beautiful baby boy Jenson was born at quarter to six in the evening, about two and a half hours after I actually realised I was in labour!

SerenaJoy Fri 27-May-11 16:44:01

Oh my goodness, congratulations! Not the ending I was expecting when I clicked on this thread smile

What a lovely name too!

Checkmate Fri 27-May-11 16:50:13

Congratulations!

calmbirthmum Fri 27-May-11 20:56:22

A wonderful birth story, and a nice easy beginning for Jenson. Congratulations!

ginmakesitallok Fri 27-May-11 21:02:54

Congratulations!!! Shortest "Am I in labour" thread ever!!shock grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: