Talk

Advanced search

Warwick or Coventry hospital for birth? Any suggestions?

(4 Posts)
mondays Sun 16-Jan-11 13:37:26

Hi. I live in Rugby and am expecting my first in 4 months. When asked by MW, never thought much of it and just said that I will go to Coventry hospital to give birth. I just thought it was the nearest and had spanking new facilities. But then I keep hearing good reviews about Warwick hospital and bad ones for Coventry.. confused.. Am also seriously considering waterbirth. Is there anyone who can give me what your experience was like either maternity units? Which hospital would you suggest? Thanks for your time.

whomovedmychocolate Sun 16-Jan-11 13:41:31

I was born in Coventry and know a few people who have birthed there in recent years. It's okay. But Warwick is much better and less doctor orientated whereas Coventry is very medicalised.

You may get more replies if you post on your mumsnet local site btw.

mondays Sun 16-Jan-11 13:58:37

Thank you for your reply. whomovedmychocolate. I haven't thought about the local site. I shall try there too. My husband found comforts in the words like 'doctor oriented' and 'medicalised' whereas I do appreciate more of 'nature will take care of it' approach.

whomovedmychocolate Sun 16-Jan-11 16:55:16

Well Warwick does have a full theatre next door so if you do get in trouble they can wheel you out.

I looked at Warwick but I was too high risk for them to take me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now