Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Recent birth experiences at Kingston Hospital??

(9 Posts)
Leilababyno1 Fri 07-Jan-11 23:21:07

Hi

I am due to have my baby at Kingston Hospital in approx. 3 months...Just wondered if anyone has any recent birth stories to report??

Hopefully positive ones?!

Many thanks X

hunnibunni Fri 07-Jan-11 23:38:48

Hi Leila I had my prem baby here last april by emergency c-section after being transferred from my local hospital kings college due to a shortage of beds in the scbu. I didnt know what to expect as I had never even been to kingston before but all the midwives and nurses were so lovely and the doctors and support workers in scbu were first class. Due to my baby being early and me living quite a distance away they allowed me to stay in for 10 days giving me constant care and support despite being discharged. I wish you all the best for your birth and want to reassure you that your in good hands.

Leilababyno1 Fri 07-Jan-11 23:49:06

Hey hunnibunni, thank you so much! That's very reassuring. smile

TicketToHull Fri 07-Jan-11 23:51:48

Not sure if this is classed as recent as it was over 9 months ago now but really, hand-on-heart (or should that be vag?) had such a well supported, wonderful birth at Kingston.

The getting seen to was a different story as nobody believed that I was anywhere close to giving birth and only after trying very hard to get rid of me did they consent to a very reluctantly given examination when they found I was 10cm dilated, but once I was in a room, they were lovely and attentive and very encouraging. Definitely had no complaints about the midwife and was pleasantly surprised at how they left me and DP to just get on with it in our lowly-lit, quiet room. Once the baby was here, they gave us lots of information and were so friendly and jokey about everything. They also made sure I was happy about breastfeeding before they discharged me.

Really happy with the whole experience and would give birth there again (supposing we ever manage to have sex again!). Good luck with it all, hope it all goes well!

Highlandgirl Sat 08-Jan-11 11:18:54

Ohhh this is great infom ladies I'm due to have DC at Kingston too. Due in 6 weeks...!!!

Hand on vag...classic grin

Doozie Sun 09-Jan-11 18:50:49

I'm due to give birth there too in 6 weeks so I'm keen to hear about other experiences. I might see you there Highlandgirl!

Anyone had or are hoping to have a water birth there?

lala21 Sun 09-Jan-11 21:13:17

I'm due in about 3 weeks and will be at kingston eek I shall let you know how it goes if I can. Nice to know of some positive experiences.

Good Luck
x x x

BrightSideOfLife Mon 10-Jan-11 12:07:17

I had DD in Kingston in April last year. I had problems in my pregnancy due to high blood pressure and ended up being induced.

My care was excellent (Consultent led) - I will be honest, the appointments were never on time and I spent hours waiting to be seen by doctors or midwives, but once I was seen they were really supportive and took the time to make sure I understood what was happening.

My induction was smooth and I had no complaints. Like tickettohull I really had to CONVINCE them that the induction had worked and I was in active labour, but once they transferred me from the antenatal ward to the Delivery Suite the care was EXCELLENT. I had a brilliant birth experience with a wonderful midwife. (And this is despite complications at the end where my poor DD had to be yanked out by forceps!) The Postnatal wards were busy but I had excellent care and lots of support for both breastfeeding DD and with complications to my own health.

I am having DC 2 there in July and (to be honest) can't wait smile

Jano78 Wed 12-Jan-11 21:11:01

I gave birth there in November and cannot fault the care I received. Wanted a natural birth so asked to go into Malden Suite (midwife led). Ended up having complications (baby got stuck and distressed) and before I knew it there were doctors and a whole team of people in the room making sure baby got out quickly and safely.

I only have good things to say about Kingston - you have nothing to worry about.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: