Talk

Advanced search

Baby lying sideways

(6 Posts)
hastingsmum Wed 29-Dec-10 17:46:18

A couple of days ago baby changed position from head down to sideways. I'm 35 weeks and MW told me not to worry but I can't help it.

I know there are tips for getting baby in the "right" position like walking around on all fours (which I'm sure my 2 boys will love as they can play horsey, lol)

So if you've got any tips, please share them with me.

mumgran54 Wed 29-Dec-10 18:24:10

Let nature take it's course. I was breach with my 4th child 2 days before I gave birth. He then turned himself downwards in time for the birth.

mumgran54 Wed 29-Dec-10 18:25:29

Let nature take it's course. I was breach with my 4th child 2 days before I gave birth. He then turned himself downwards in time for the birth.

Lulumaam Wed 29-Dec-10 18:27:27

have a look at the spinning babies site and google optimal foetal positioning

if your baby stays sideways.. am thinking oyu mean transverse.. you cannot deliver vaginally, you will need a section.. it is deemed that the shoulder rather than a head or bottom is presenting and you cannot deliver vaginally.

there is of course time for the baby to move.. they might also want to attempt to turn the baby too

hastingsmum Wed 29-Dec-10 21:38:21

lulumaam, yes that's what worries me, I don't want a c section at all. will have a look at the site you recommended, thanx

mumgran54, that is exactly what my hubby tells me, he reckons my body will remember, but I want to do all I can..

Lulumaam Thu 30-Dec-10 15:09:42

if the baby is breech you can deliver vaginally, but not if the baby is transverse, it is physically impossible. speak to the MW about if they will turn the baby.. there is still time for the baby to move to a better position ! fingers crossed smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now