Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

elcs while ill

(4 Posts)
lucybrad Fri 17-Dec-10 17:36:37

Hi

I am due to have elcs on christmas eve, but I have just come down with a cold/fluey type bug from my dc's. Its lasted 7 days for them, and I am worried I wont be allowed to have the elcs if i am ill.
Anyone got any idas on this?

arizonagirl Fri 17-Dec-10 21:11:36

Off the point but do you have to have it on Xmas Eve? I had a section on xmas eve and didn't enjoy missing out on everything. I hated being the only one in on xmas day even though they gave me a cracker!! And I cried my heart out at not being with dc on Xmas Eve. Also, it's really hard having a dd with a birthday on xmas eve - we always try to make it special but xmas always seems to overshadow it despite our attempts. Sorry - off the point. Hope you don't mind my penny's worth grin

WomanwiththeYellowHat Fri 17-Dec-10 21:19:49

I was ill when I had my second CS (EL). I was fluey,, coldy and had a hacking cough and was terrified of splitting my stitches (sorry TMI) but CS wnet ahead and was all fine. The coughing hurt like hell, but I held a cushion over the stitches and they were fine. Fresh in my mind as was all 2 years ago today! Good luck!

lucybrad Sat 18-Dec-10 07:56:04

Thanks for the responses. Yes, if i dont have it xmas eve I have to wait a week, as the weekend and the bank holidays scupper things. I was born on the 21st and I enjoy being an xmas baby. There are others booked in for the same day so I wont be alone, and at least I wont have to cook!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: