Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

10 weeks post birth period advice please.

(10 Posts)
nunnie Tue 14-Dec-10 19:55:32

My son was 10 weeks on Sunday, he is FF.
I still haven't had a period is this normal?

TwoPeasOnePod Tue 14-Dec-10 20:17:36

OOh I am watching this with interest, mine is 3 months old today and still no period or symptoms of period coming soon..I feel generally fine though, do you feel ok?

TwoPeasOnePod Tue 14-Dec-10 20:19:56

Mine is FF too, forgot to mention

nunnie Tue 14-Dec-10 20:31:51

Yeah feel fine too. Can't remember it taking this long with DD, but like I say I can't remember really so might have done.

I am sure it will come when I least expect it hmm

And yours too probably.

TwoPeasOnePod Tue 14-Dec-10 21:05:53

I know it sounds daft but is there any chance you could have fallen pregnant again, just really quickly?! I too think my period must have returned quicker than this last time, I wonder how long is generally OK to leave it before maybe going to the doctors.
I must say, that being pregnant again so soon in my case is probably quite unlikely and is a distant worry in my head, I'm pretty sure I am not. But having said that, I know a woman at work who has two sons, and they are exactly nine months and three weeks apart in age!! shock grin

nunnie Tue 14-Dec-10 21:29:22

Can say I am definatly not pregnant again as we haven't done any bedroom aerobics since his arrival.
I had a section this time round not sure if that makes much difference or not.

At my 8 week check GP told me 6-8 weeks is normal, so just presumed it would turn up, not I'm not so sure hmm

cardamomginger Wed 15-Dec-10 09:03:11

Wow - 9 months are 3 weeks apart in age!!!! shock need to sit down and have a think about that one.....

nunnie Wed 15-Dec-10 10:08:34

What, that might make sense but I am struggling.

nunnie Wed 15-Dec-10 10:10:06

Oh now I get it, I missed that in twopeasonepod's post. Blimey that is hard going, was one early??

Anyway no that is not the reason for no period here thank goodness shock

Bobby99 Wed 15-Dec-10 16:28:58

It was 3 months for me, then I had a weird one that hurt/made me feel sick but I didn't actually bleed. Then I had a proper one a month later (with the pain and nausea, which is how I figured out what the first one was). Since then they have been pain free...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: