Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

First period yellow?

(6 Posts)
dappymoo Fri 10-Dec-10 15:04:44

Had my baby 8 weeks ago, and did have an infection a couple of weeks ago but cleared up now. Am now in a lot of period type pain and getting a clear yellowish 'period', ie not blood.. Sorry if tmi! Test results came back normal so it can't be an infection.. Is the first period really painful and weird!?
Had a haemorrhage and then eprc after the birth so have hardly had any blood at all the whole 8 weeks... Well I'm guessing that's why...

Feliena Fri 10-Dec-10 21:03:02

i had period bout 5 weeks after birth - was horrificly heavy and lasted 9 days... sorry cant be any more help x

StickThemWithThePointyEnd Fri 10-Dec-10 23:19:55

yellow still sounds like lochia to me.. I had that after DS was born, I stopped bleeding pretty quickly, but had yellow heavy discharge for a while on and off.
I did check with my GP about it, though, because I found it a little weird.
If you are worried at all, I'd say to get it checked. better safe than sorry.

Blackletterday Fri 10-Dec-10 23:51:41

Hmm not sure, could you be ovulating? <TMI coming!>. After my ds2 (3rd child) my lochia had not totally stopped by the time of the first ovulation (I get bad pains). I had very odd discharge for a while and quite bad cramps. Also <boaksome> I had a LOT of ewcm, infact it was minging, it kind of looked like creme brulee. Very odd but not recurred since.

lucybrad Sat 11-Dec-10 15:16:40

mmm creme brulee!

dappymoo Sat 11-Dec-10 23:09:38

I love how we can be so frank about these things! Thank you ladies, I think it's normal (for me anyway...) but will keep an eye out and ask GP if anything untoward happens.. Tbh I've had far worse things expelled lately... Mmmm there I go again!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: