Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

surprise home birth!!!! delivered by dad too!!

(22 Posts)
ki28 Wed 01-Dec-10 21:00:38

Well i ended up having the baby on the stairs and landing and her being delivered by husband and auntie while our 2yr dd slept through it all!! This was my 3rd preg and went to hospital at 830pm after being in labour in since 6am, but being 3rdpreg was very relaxed,taking painkillers and copin ok.But still non the less in labour. Babys head was engaged an i bowed underneath wen sat on loo. Only to be sent home by a midwife who told me i was too smiley tobe in labour???!!!! and that it could go on for days!! 8hours later baby arrived!!! paramedics arrived 3mins after she was born (7lbs 14oz) all healthy and well. Midwife got there 40mins later. a very exciting entrance into the world.

whomovedmychocolate Wed 01-Dec-10 21:02:04

Congratulations!

Too smiley to be in labour grin

cat64 Wed 01-Dec-10 21:02:09

Message withdrawn

headfairy Wed 01-Dec-10 21:02:26

fanastic! congratulations Well done you and dad, great teamwork!

sarahscot Wed 01-Dec-10 21:02:38

OH . . . MY . . . GOD!!! And massive congratulations too!

DuelingFanio Wed 01-Dec-10 21:03:45

Congratulations! bet the midwife feels like a tit grin

whoknowswhatthefutureholds Wed 01-Dec-10 21:04:21

congratulations!

DD (my third) was also delivered as a surprise by her dad. It was wonderful once we realised she was ok.

Did you find it amazing just the three of you there for those few minutes (we had about 5, felt like much longer) I think it is so special and will a story to remember forever smile

ps I love having 3, it;s been great.

RorysRacingReindeer Wed 01-Dec-10 21:05:46

Best line i've heard 'too smiley to be in labour' Good on you girl. Bet you're still grinning form ear to ear with your new lovely baby. Congratulations.

ki28 Wed 01-Dec-10 21:07:19

it was a shock but afterwards was much more enjoyable afterwards at home instead of hospital. all family and friends were round within a hours and rallyed round to help with other dcs through out the day,while i spent day in bed.

LoopyLoops Wed 01-Dec-10 21:07:46

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! Hope you're feeling OK now, baby too. Well done to DH!

tibni Wed 01-Dec-10 21:09:06

congratulations

SirBoobAlot Wed 01-Dec-10 21:12:04

Congratulations!

<snort> at too smiley to be in labour shock grin

SpeedyGonzalez Wed 01-Dec-10 21:20:23

Hurray! Congratulations! Someone please show those mws that not everyone screams their heads off in labour! grin

Nagoo Thu 02-Dec-10 21:34:02

Congratulations!

Rudolphsnose Thu 02-Dec-10 21:36:42

Congratulations, sounds like a great experience

AitchTwoOh Thu 02-Dec-10 21:37:43

sounds wonderful!

MrsTedHughes Thu 02-Dec-10 21:39:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MeowyChristmasEveryone Thu 02-Dec-10 21:42:48

Congratulations.

In Summer 2009, my DH was told by a medic that he was in enough pain to have a broken ankle!!!

He was equally wrong

WishIWasRimaHorton Thu 02-Dec-10 21:43:19

Fantastic! What a great story for your DD2 to tell in years to come. Well done you and Dad (and Aunt - hope she's OK too!)

I nearly did the same with my very first DC. Was told by birthing centre repeatedly on the phone that I sounded 'too calm' to be in established labour and that it would 'last for days' and that I should take some paracetamol and have a nice lie down until I couldn't cope any longer. FFS - I couldn't sit!! Anyway I played it all down and nearly gave birth to DS in the car on the 50 min drive to the birthing centre.

midwives sometimes seem to forget that not all women in labour are screaming banshies!

Backinthebox Thu 02-Dec-10 23:26:31

I had a surprise homebirth too. Brilliant, isn't it! grin

WriterofDreams Fri 03-Dec-10 09:42:20

This is the second thread this week that has convinced me that when I go into labour (due in three weeks) that I must scream my head off, whether I want to or not. Oh and absolutely no smiling!

Congratulations on your little bundle, you and DH must be so proud that you brought her into the world all by yourselves!

ki28 Sun 05-Dec-10 18:41:57

we called her annie winifred. being too smiley still mske me laugh.x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: