Talk

Advanced search

36+2 feeling nauseous and gagging with braxton hicks waking me in middle of night. Is this normal?

(6 Posts)
BunnyBaby Mon 29-Nov-10 09:51:51

Hello all.

This will be our second child. I am now 36+2 and despite no nausea since 15 weeks I'm feeling sick and gagging again.

I have strong braxton hicks which wake me and baby each night and even a car ride seems to set them off.

Is this normal warming up? Didn't have any of this last time and ds1 was 17 days late. Braxton hicks have an adrenalin like feel to them.

I can feel baby very low in pelvis and well positioned. Makes it very hard to even roll at night.

BunnyBaby Mon 29-Nov-10 09:52:27

Any feedback would be most welcome on others experiences :-)

Wholelottalove Mon 29-Nov-10 10:50:32

I think it is normal. I am 37 weeks with DC2 and waking up with Braxton Hicks. I also felt quite nauseous last week - for me it is associated with heartburn. Have even woken in middle of night choking as some sick has come up in my sleep which is a bit grim.

I'm sure DD was engaging at this point which eased the heartburn but I know second babies don't tend to engage until labour.

The Braxton Hicks are probably everything warming up. As long as you're getting plenty of movement I'm sure all is fine, but always worth putting in call to your midwife if you're particularly worried.

This last bit is rubbish, isn't it?

NeedToSleepZZZ Mon 29-Nov-10 10:50:45

Giving you a bump as I'm a first time mum to be and have been having BHs a lot and they wake me up in the night. I've also had nausea and period type pains each morning. Are you having diarrhea? I've been having it each morning for the last 3 mornings and bit worried as I'm only 29+6 (or 33 weeks, long story....). Baby is moving around and kicking/ punching/ clog dancing (wink) still but the movements aren't as 'big' as before.

I've decided to call the community MW tomorrow if it continues but would be interested to hear others' opinions.

Unbuffy Mon 29-Nov-10 11:43:34

Hi Bunny!

Have been having the same thing for weeks now, especially if I do any exercise at all. Hopefully it means that everything will be nice and strong and warmed up (and therefore quick!) when the time finally comes. I am now 40+2 btw and still waiting...

Sending sleep vibes... Resting in the afternoon is definately the way forward if at all possible...

BunnyBaby Wed 01-Dec-10 13:59:03

Thanks ladies, good to know all part of the course. Was worried as gp couldn't fit me in for 36 weeks appt and have to wait to 37. Cheers :-)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now