Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Anyone had a VBAELCS?

(5 Posts)
Mamathulu Sun 28-Nov-10 23:33:10

Nearing my 4th (and last!) birth - my previous DC's were all born by ELCS at 37/38 weeks, and therefore I've never actually been in labour. (Most people would probably regard this as a bonus!) In fact, the nearest I've ever come is to have some BH's.
Soooo, my question is this - that now I'm 37+2, and getting some back ache, cervical stinging pains, some painful tummy tightenings, & loose bowels, it seems that it may be a possibility that I might ACTUALLY start getting some contractions within the next couple of weeks before my cs on the 8th.
Those of you who've had an elcs, and then went on to have a vbac - do you think your labour was like a first timer's in length and difficulty? Or were they speedier events, more like a 2+ time?
Really just trying to gauge how quickly I should ring the midwives if I lose my plug or waters break!

arizonagirl Sun 28-Nov-10 23:44:46

Never had an elective section (had three emergency sections). But I had a vba3c three weeks ago and whereas the first three took ages (72 hours, 13 hours, 12 hours before section) this time I was fully dilated and pushing within an hour!! Unfortunately the pushing took a few hours but we got there in the end : )) Not sure if this helps you or not. Good luck - exciting and wonderful times.

arizonagirl Mon 29-Nov-10 22:17:17

Wondering if anyone out there can be more helpful to you than my answer?

Poppet45 Mon 29-Nov-10 22:45:55

This is a total guess, but what the hey if you wanted expert medical advice you'd ring your midwife however I reckon you'll be in no rush, rather like a first timer. Unlike those who have em c sections your body has no experience of any of the work of labour. So without any of the muscles, hormone cascades being practised, I don't think it's going to be in a rush! Good luck anyway! Oooh a new baby - wonderful early xmas pressie!

Mamathulu Tue 30-Nov-10 01:51:33

Yeah - we're all excited about this one arriving - my DS2 (20months) heard the heartbeat at the check-up yesterday, and his face was a picture!
Typically, I forgot to ask THE question, but I did tell her I was getting twinges etc, and she said to get up to delivery asap if I suspect labour, but wasn't really any more specific than that.
'Tis a bit worrying that we agree this one isn't any where near as big as the others, who were all high 7lbers, but I guess there's not much to do but wait, unless of course, the movements stop or I go into labour. Still, only 9 days to go!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: