Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Anyone out there had a tummy tuck?

(7 Posts)
cakebaker Fri 26-Nov-10 21:55:31

I'm thinking about having a tummy tuck - although even writing that thought down makes me scared!
I've had 4 lovely big boys, 2 by cs(all over 10lbs & last one 10lbs 13) and now my stomach has the dreaded sagging, wrinkled skin overhang thing - which I hate. I'm not overweight & no amount of excercise makes any difference - and I know from looking up on the internet that my only option to get rid of it is surgery.
Any thoughts very welcome!

gailforce1 Sat 27-Nov-10 09:29:19

Have you considered BodyTite? Some very interesting info if you google and shows some pics of women who had procedure after c sections. The benefit is that it is done under local not GA and there seems to be very little recovery time if you have 4 little ones to look after.

AlpinePony Sat 27-Nov-10 10:38:59

Yes I have. Don't listen to anyone who says "diet & exercise" or "magic cream" - you know damn well that skin doesn't shrink or de-wrinkle! hmm

It hurt like hell, ten times as painful as my c-section - basically it felt like the world's biggest paper-cut. I had 89 metal staples. I nearly died in the 24 hours following. I haemorraged internally and had blood transfusions. I then developed seromas - which are internal bags of fluid - of over 1 litre in size. 3 months later I had to have a sonogram to see if I was laying down calcium deposits in my abdomen (growing bones internally) because of the pain.

Not sure I'd do it again tbh. confused I know some people have obviously very successful ones, but it doesn't always work out brilliantly - so there's my side of the story.

midori1999 Sat 27-Nov-10 18:23:05

Yep, I have had one, two years ago. It was fab, it did hurt like absolute hell for the first week, but got better pretty quickly after that. However, I have been pregnant with twins snce then, and although my skin is still taught, my tummy muscles didn't withstand the pregnancy sadly. It still looks better than before, but it's not the super-flat tum it was prior to the pregnancy.

There are some before and after pics here:

Before: (the 'pregnant' looking ones are what I looked like after a large meal or by evening as my tummy muscles were so damaged)

www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/20291887

4 weeks post op: (still swollen and had some problems with incision healing)

www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/20465929

Mumcah Mon 29-Nov-10 23:42:32

Wow Midori!I quite fancy it now although don't think I ever would.
What a transformation.

PenguinNZ Tue 30-Nov-10 08:51:59

Midori - the difference is amazing and you look fantastic! Would you be willing to tell us where you went and the approximate cost?

Also, how long should you wait post CS?

ChippingIn Tue 30-Nov-10 08:56:38

Midori - that is amazing - thank you for sharing

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: