Talk

Advanced search

Am I in labour?

(11 Posts)
Again Fri 26-Nov-10 14:31:10

Surges 6 minutes apart, but no fluids and bump still high. I'm 8 days over and never went into sontaneous labour last time. My mother is 2.5 hours away and is to look after my 3 year old. should I phone her?

Lulumaam Fri 26-Nov-10 14:33:43

it could be, can't really say ! if they are getting closer together, stronger and more painful, lasting longer and don't die off if oyu move around or have a bath, it's probably labour and i would call your mother or have a back up plan.

you could have hours of this before things really kick off b ut at term + 8. it is likely to be labour or the start of it

it's more common for waters to break during labour than to start it. watch out for a bloody show. that's a good sign

Again Fri 26-Nov-10 14:43:43

Was hoping for natural birth. Now not so sure! Pretty painful

clarabellarocks Fri 26-Nov-10 15:12:17

I'd phone her. Sounds like it could be. Especially if you are over plus 8.
Good luck

Again Fri 26-Nov-10 15:13:51

The pain is all in my back and bum

GlitteryBalls Fri 26-Nov-10 15:50:51

My mum had all her pain in her back when she was having contractions. Not unusual I don't think. If it's painful and regular then prob labour!

Again Sun 28-Nov-10 21:03:18

Just wanted to let you know that I had my little girl at 6.02 pm on friday afternoon! Looks like it was labour!

ISayISayISay Sun 28-Nov-10 21:04:45

Fantastic grin Well done you, what's she called? Did your mum get there in time?

Again Sun 28-Nov-10 22:36:18

My aunt took him til she arrived! I got to the hosp at 4 .30 measuring 8 centimetres. Just think that I had myself convinced that my body couldn't do spontaneous labour. By the way the midwife asked me afterwards if I had done hypnobirthing - which I had

planner26 Mon 29-Nov-10 09:44:53

Was following so congratulations Again! x

Portofino Mon 29-Nov-10 09:53:19

Wow - that was quick! Congratualtions!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now