Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Am I in labour?

(11 Posts)
Again Fri 26-Nov-10 14:31:10

Surges 6 minutes apart, but no fluids and bump still high. I'm 8 days over and never went into sontaneous labour last time. My mother is 2.5 hours away and is to look after my 3 year old. should I phone her?

Lulumaam Fri 26-Nov-10 14:33:43

it could be, can't really say ! if they are getting closer together, stronger and more painful, lasting longer and don't die off if oyu move around or have a bath, it's probably labour and i would call your mother or have a back up plan.

you could have hours of this before things really kick off b ut at term + 8. it is likely to be labour or the start of it

it's more common for waters to break during labour than to start it. watch out for a bloody show. that's a good sign

Again Fri 26-Nov-10 14:43:43

Was hoping for natural birth. Now not so sure! Pretty painful

clarabellarocks Fri 26-Nov-10 15:12:17

I'd phone her. Sounds like it could be. Especially if you are over plus 8.
Good luck

Again Fri 26-Nov-10 15:13:51

The pain is all in my back and bum

GlitteryBalls Fri 26-Nov-10 15:50:51

My mum had all her pain in her back when she was having contractions. Not unusual I don't think. If it's painful and regular then prob labour!

Again Sun 28-Nov-10 21:03:18

Just wanted to let you know that I had my little girl at 6.02 pm on friday afternoon! Looks like it was labour!

ISayISayISay Sun 28-Nov-10 21:04:45

Fantastic grin Well done you, what's she called? Did your mum get there in time?

Again Sun 28-Nov-10 22:36:18

My aunt took him til she arrived! I got to the hosp at 4 .30 measuring 8 centimetres. Just think that I had myself convinced that my body couldn't do spontaneous labour. By the way the midwife asked me afterwards if I had done hypnobirthing - which I had

planner26 Mon 29-Nov-10 09:44:53

Was following so congratulations Again! x

Portofino Mon 29-Nov-10 09:53:19

Wow - that was quick! Congratualtions!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: