Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.
music to give birth to - elcs(10 Posts)
i'm probably going to have an elcs in april and was wondering about music. i know we can listen to music while they do the elcs as they asked when i had my emcs with ds but i was crying to hard to care at that point.
so what's on your playlist for an elcs?
I had Belfast and Halcyon - Orbital, The Ship Song - Nick Cave, Tender - Blur, Smokebelch II (Beatless Mix) - Sabres of Paradise, Lay Back in the Sun - Spiritualized, I Am the Ressurection - Stone Roses, Fake Plastic Trees - Radiohead and Opus 40 - Mercury Rev.
I really wanted to call DD Halcyon but DP vetoed the idea. I am now pregnant again and am determined to have it at least as a middle name.
We had a mixture of all sorts - I'm a cello teacher and DH is a guitarist & bassist, so we had a playlist of:
1) Tchaikovsky: Variations on a Rococo theme:17.32
2) Birthday: The Beatles:2.43
3) Fruit Tree: Nick Drake:4.49
4) Shelter from the Storm: Bob Dylan:5.02
5) Cello Song: Nick Drake:4.48
6) Blackbird: The Beatles:2.18
7) Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay: Otis Redding2.55
8) Chowdown: Corduroy:4.27
9) Gimme some lovin': The Spencer Davis Group:2.57
10) Green Onions: Booker T & The MG's:2.57
11) Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing: Stevie Wonder:4.45
which worked out fairly well, apart from the fact that the Tchaikovsky didn't quite see us through having the spinal done, so the Little Bear wasn't quite born yet when Birthday came on!
This time (ELCS4 in 2 weeks today!) I'll probably have a very similar playlist, but just shuffle it round and maybe have another short classical in there to bridge the gap between the genres.
For my first, (I was 23, and pretentious) I chose a Gregorian chant cd, which was fine until we were in there, on a Monday morning, and the staff had to change it over after 20 minutes because they were falling asleep!
2nd, (4 years later, still a bit pretentious,) I decided to have the Harry Potter soundtrack, which was fine, but a bit silly!
Music's such a personal thing though - I'd recommend going through whatever you find REALLY chills you out - I quite like a lot of hard rock/metal/emo from my old goth days, but wouldn't dream of having it in theatre as it raises my heart rate, and really doesn't sound appropriate for the situation!!!
I didn't have anything. It was really fast anyway - 6 minutes from incision to first cry.
I just had the radio on both times. At the time of DD1's birth it was a song by simply red but i can't remember which one!!
At the time DD2 was born James Blunt-your beautiful was playing Lovely.
I'm opting for Rumor's new CD which I love and quite upbeat and chilled at the same time.
whatever the docotr finds easiest to work with
Right - I've perfected my cd for this time and got 25 minutes worth as we worked out that's roughly how long it was last time to Little Bear coming out, including having the spinal done. So, have got:
1) Dvorak - Cello Concerto in B minor - 1st movt
2) Bach - Brandenburg 3, 1st movt
3) Bach - Double Concerto 1st movt
4) Elgar - Theme from Enigma Variations
5) Nick Drake - Cello Song - this SHOULD be playing hopefully when Little Rabbit comes out!
6) Nick Drake - Fruit Tree - or this one!
7) Birthday - Beatles
8) chowdown - Corduroy
9) Gimme some Lovin' - Spencer Davies Group
10) Green Onions - Booker T & the MG's
11) Don't You Worry 'Bout a Thing - Stevie Wonder
12) Carol of the Bells - orchestral version I found on itunes
13) Baby It's Cold Outside - Dean Martin
14) Vivaldi's WInter, 3rd movt - Nigel Kennedy version
15) Tchaikovsky - Rococo
16) Many meetings - Lord of the Rings Sountrack
17) This is Neverland - from Finding Neverland S/track
18) A Historic Love - from The Tudors.
Had to throw some Crimbly/Wintry stuff in there, and just padded out the end - might stick in summat from Little Women, but not sure yet.
Whatever the dr found least hideously irritating (given that he/she is trying to, you know, work )
LOL - was just talking to DH about this. DS2 due in Jan and we were thinking about the audio version of Keith Richard's biography read by Johnny Depp....
Join the discussion
Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.Register now »
Already registered? Log in with:
Please login first.