Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Baby moving a LOT - should I be worried

(9 Posts)
Oscalito Mon 15-Nov-10 17:42:18

Hello, I'm 39+4 and today I've been lazing in bed all day. Not sure if this is the reason but the baby has been squirming a lot, feels like it's quite high up and pressing hard against the sides, very restless. It's also had really strong hiccups. It has had moments of being very restless throughout the pregnancy but I just wondered if anyone else had noticed this prior to labour starting - I thought if anything they went quiet.

Probably also a case of me being in bed and having too much time to worry, but it would be nice if anyone had experienced similar and could reassure me? thanks.

pinkyp Mon 15-Nov-10 18:29:10

If babys moving alot then its a good sign, mw always say to watch out for you 10 movements. Might be something you've eaten/drank thats set baby off moving.

Oscalito Mon 15-Nov-10 19:42:43

Thanks Pinkyp, it may have been the position I was sitting in as when I stretched out it calmed down & seems to have gone to sleep now. Getting lots of what may be BH contractions or real ones, very tight bump at times, so maybe it's all starting. Or maybe not..... just got worried as I read somewhere that the baby making 'frantic' movements is not a good sign.

Lorelai Mon 15-Nov-10 19:46:48

My baby seems to be like this a lot; lots and lots of wriggling and stretching. I think what they say you have to watch out for is a bout of 'frantic' movement followed by absolutely nothing.

Lorelai Mon 15-Nov-10 19:48:11

Also meant to say that if you haven't been doing much then you would notice mvement more than normal.

ib Mon 15-Nov-10 19:49:00

I had the same - I joked with the midwife that he was frantically looking for the exit and not finding it!

Floopy21 Mon 15-Nov-10 20:04:22

Your movement tends to sway baby to sleep, so if you've been lazing, s/he'll naturally be more active. Enjoy your bed, v. envy !

Oscalito Mon 15-Nov-10 20:49:35

Thanks Lorelai - it is lots of stretching like it's pressing against the walls, maybe it's just warming up to be out in the world. The thought of frantic movement followed by nothing makes me v. nervous but have to try not to worry about it. Just felt it move then smile
Ib that's what it feels like - as if it's run out of room and is trying to bust out.
Thanks too Floopy21! I just hope this baby enjoys lying around in bed as much as I do.

Lorelai Mon 15-Nov-10 21:13:55

Yup, sounds exactly like mine! If you are worried though do call the hospital. I did on thurs as I hadn't felt it for a while, went in for monitoring and was blush when it started gymnastics as soon as she put the monitor on. But mw was lovely and sad I did exact right thing.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: