Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Weird numb patch on leg after childbith - should I be worried

(3 Posts)
MissHairspray Thu 11-Nov-10 14:26:34

Hi, I gave birth a week ago since then have had a small numb patch on my thigh. I'm pretty sure it's where they gave me the injection of whatever it is to get the placenta out although can't be certain. I don't have any other pains in my legs or anything and midwife didn't seem concerned when I mentioned it briefly but has anyone else had this? Thanks

Ushy Thu 11-Nov-10 21:58:52

I had a friend who had something like this - I think it was compression of the pudendal nerve at the bottom of the spine when giving birth. It just sorted itself out although it went from numb to numb with occasional shooting pains. It may be a good idea to get a GP to check it out though.

lucy101 Thu 11-Nov-10 22:55:03

I have numb patches on both thighs - on the front and sides. In my case it wasn't related to pregnancy (is to do with nerve compression in the pelvis I think) and is called meralgia paresthetica - it can be caused by pregnancy so it could be that.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: