Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Got my first consultants appointment 2moro...

(8 Posts)
Jellyrollgumdrop Thu 11-Nov-10 11:53:26

..to put forward my case for wanting an elective c section. What do I need to tell her? I believe I have a good case but is there anything that would tip the balance in my favour??..Im in Northern Ireland, dont know if that will make a difference as to the amount of "fighting" I have to do??....TIA smile

goplayout Thu 11-Nov-10 15:20:54

Hi jelly

If you don't mind me asking what is your good case?

I had 3 by the waysmile

lucybrad Thu 11-Nov-10 16:34:32

I just asked and they said yes! I had a previous cs, but only because I had breech twins so I dont really need one, but I do want one. They were fine with it. I think the midwifes are anti generally, but you may get on better with the consultant. My midwife said I would have trouble convincing them I should have one, but it was no trouble at all.

Jellyrollgumdrop Thu 11-Nov-10 22:16:21

I had a 2nd degree tear which had to be repaired 3 times before they got it right, quite traumatised by the thought of the whole thing again. From the minute I arrived in hospital it was a disaster, left alone to give birth in the ward, not even a delivery room, then when the mw was sewing me up she said 'I cant see what Im doing'!, ont exactly have any faith in them. TBH I blame all this as the reason I got PND, prior to this I had the perfect pregnancy sad

goplayout Fri 12-Nov-10 10:34:44

Oh you poor thing jelly that sounds awful.

Try and state your case as calmly and assertively as you can. They will probably be keen to stress to you that elcs is not a risk /pain free procedure - you need to be clear that you have thought through all the implications of having a cs eg. limited mobility at first, no driving for a few weeks, possible risks to the baby etc etc.

Good luck and let us know how you get onsmile

Jellyrollgumdrop Fri 12-Nov-10 19:47:09

YE HA!!! didnt have to fight at all!! Consultant was great when I explained my reasons...booked for 39 weeks!! Ironic, now I feel like im somehow cheating??? hormones I hope! blush

goplayout Fri 12-Nov-10 20:16:10

Oh that's great news jelly.

When will it be - middle of January?

Would love to hear how it all goes.

Jellyrollgumdrop Sat 13-Nov-10 11:18:58

no not due till May....long wait!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: