Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Contractions every 20 mins for 13 hours

(8 Posts)
Madhouse41 Thu 11-Nov-10 05:24:52

and although they are getting so painful now they are not getting any closer together. This is my 4th DC and I thought it might have been quick but I just don't seem to be progressing. The pain is but that's it.

I called the MW at the hospital and she said it was entirely up to me when I go in as I was aware of my pain threshold and body. I could go in and be put on a ward and DH be sent home. I've not been able to sleep as I wake up every 20 mins with the pain.

Should I call the hospital again? It is a 40 car ride away and I don't want to go there to be sent home. I'm so tired and really don't know what to do.

mrsbigw Thu 11-Nov-10 07:44:26

Hi madhouse did you go in yet? Hope you are ok.

OnlyWantsOne Thu 11-Nov-10 07:51:48

hope youre ok xxx

bubbahubba Thu 11-Nov-10 08:28:16

have you tried getting in a deep bath and staying there for as long as poss?

Madhouse41 Thu 11-Nov-10 09:04:33

My waters have gone now but the contractions seem to have stopped!!! Can't get through to labour ward. Think we're just going to head in. confused

OnlyWantsOne Thu 11-Nov-10 09:12:40

wowzer if cont X have stopped, time for a sleep maybe??

mrsbigw Thu 11-Nov-10 17:37:07

am so curious as to how far madhouse is along now, hope everything is going well; anybody know?

lucybrad Sat 13-Nov-10 11:22:02

update please!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: