Talk

Advanced search

Humour me, how long do you think till I give birth?

(10 Posts)
LoubyLoubyLouLa Mon 08-Nov-10 13:51:01

With DD1, I was 6 days late, had show at 11pm, strong contractions started about 3 hours later got more and more intense and then had her 22 hours later. Pretty textbook progression...

I am now 39+2 with DD2. Woke up with cramps early hours of Sunday morning which came to nothing, last night contractions were exactly 10 mins apart for 4 hours and then stopped completely, had a show last night and this morning, pink discharge all day and contractions about every hour all day today.

Doesn't feel as though I am progressing at all.

So the million dollar question, how long do you reckon until this starts with proper labour?

A sweepstake with a virtual present for the winner??!!

TheBreastmilksOnMe Mon 08-Nov-10 18:17:52

This could go on for another week or so, sorry! Every labour is different but try and not get too dissapointed. Your body is warming up and this is good as it could mean that you will have a quick progression when things really do get going. Good luck!

emsiedoodle Mon 08-Nov-10 19:26:46

I had similar with DS. 3 days of on off contractions (only at night) in the end I went to see my MW and just said please do something, I was knackered! She gave me a sweep at 1pm that day and in labour at by 2:30 had him at 11pm that night.

My advice is see your MW and then you could be holding you DD tomorrow!

Best of luck!

LoubyLoubyLouLa Mon 08-Nov-10 19:36:29

Can barely type but contractions now 3 mins apart and bloody painful...

Miffster Mon 08-Nov-10 19:43:59

Good luck with the labour and hope you and LO are snuggling soon!

emsiedoodle Mon 08-Nov-10 19:50:10

Woohoo!!!

Good luck and hope you'll be holding her very soon

llandb Tue 09-Nov-10 02:42:56

Good luck!

(I predict 5 a.m. Tues - can't claim prize though, if noone else ventures a guess :D)

bexxaa Tue 09-Nov-10 20:37:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LoubyLoubyLouLa Wed 10-Nov-10 21:54:07

Bexxaa wins, dd2 born 09.11.10 at 00.00! Weighing 7lb 6oz!

bexxaa Thu 11-Nov-10 00:04:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now