Talk

Advanced search

Piles - Possibly TMI...

(11 Posts)
EgonSpengler Wed 03-Nov-10 21:38:57

Hi lovely ladies,

I was wondering if anyone could give me advice about how to get rid of my piles. I got them in the 7th month of pregnancy and they have plagued me since. They are sore and itchy and a blight on my life. How do you get rid of them?!

Thanks,

Ex

cardamomginger Wed 03-Nov-10 23:26:19

Have you tried Anusol HC? You can get it over the counter. I found it helps quite a lot with the itching and reduces the size if you keep using it. Having said that I am gearing myself up for a trip to the GP to ask about geeting them permanently dealt with blush.

muslimah28 Thu 04-Nov-10 13:08:24

anusol works wonders.

japhrimel Thu 04-Nov-10 14:50:14

Assuming they're inside as well as or instead of outside, anusol suppositories work sooooo much better than just the creams. You do need to use them as recommended, so you can get through a lot, but that allows them to deal with the inflammation most effectively so you can heal.

EgonSpengler Thu 04-Nov-10 21:05:42

Thanks ladies! I've tried Anusol, but it seems to make the little buggers worse - extra sore. I'm on the Preparation H, which at least soothes them blush

cadramomginger - is Anusol HC different?

japhrimel - can you use suppositories when they're on the outside as well?

How do you get rid of them permanently? Can it be done with over the counter stuff, or is it a surgical matter?

Ex

cardamomginger Sat 06-Nov-10 18:10:10

anusol hc has got small amount of hydrocortisone steroid in it - gets the swelling and itching under control quicker. v safe - can use during pregnancy and when bf.

vmcd28 Sun 07-Nov-10 00:28:32

I've tried anusol hc and Anugesic hc, I prefer the Anugesic, tbh. Under gp direction I use that and one normal Anusol suppository at bedtime.

However the only thing that ever really makes a big difference is taling Lactulose morning and night, to ensure I never ever get even a bit constipated. I've had them for years and years and have never completely got rid of them.

The other thing that's soothing when u have a flare ip is soaking a cotton wool ball in liquid witch hazel, and just applying it to the hemorrhoids for hours. It helps with the inflammation and takes some of the itch away.

And always keep everything spotlessly clean. Have a shower or quick bath after every single bowel movement. And use baby wipes instead of toilet paper when you wipe.

first1 Sun 07-Nov-10 19:27:29

Ask GP for Proctesedyl ointment/suppositories or Scheriproct ointment/suppositories. Only available on prescription. Magic things!

sassie23 Mon 08-Nov-10 09:31:51

agree with first1 drink loads of water and use lactolose they will come and go prob before delivery try witch hazel on a gauze too very soothin esp at night when itch is bad !!

woopsidaisy Mon 08-Nov-10 09:47:54

Proctesedyl is great.But works best when used together as a cream and suppositories.Ask your GP for them.

soozlewoozle Mon 08-Nov-10 15:01:09

I found I was allergic to one of the ingrediants in the anusol hc I went back to using regular anusol, but the ointment not the cream and I don't itch anymore, however the piles are still there.

And (definitely TMI) I got DH to trim all the hairs in that area, as they were setting it off... That has made the biggest difference

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now