Advanced search

Feeling really fed up, why haven't I gone into labour - waters went Weds eve

(24 Posts)
LadyintheRadiator Fri 15-Oct-10 09:11:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
ManiDeadi Fri 15-Oct-10 12:34:49

Hi Lady

I was on your other thread about your waters going, so glad to see you are back.

No idea what a bishops score is btw? confused

I am thinking that you might have gone in already, but just in case, I am here if you want to chat.

(I was 40+11 by the way)

BeGoneFoulBeast Fri 15-Oct-10 12:36:29

Oh LITR sad

I know how much this birth means to you. I hope everything's okay. Suspect you've gone in too.

<fingers crossed>

twowellies Fri 15-Oct-10 12:51:53

Hello
With my second it was 46 hours between waters breaking and DS2 arriving. When labour started it was 6 hours so not too bad.
I did have to have IV antibiotics during labour due to the length of time that my waters had gone and risk of infection.
Its rubbish waiting isn't it
Good luck x

ManiDeadi Fri 15-Oct-10 12:54:41

Yes IIRC I had antibiotics and so did ds as it was over 24 hours since my waters had gone. I had been having cx the whole time though.

LadyintheRadiator Fri 15-Oct-10 13:51:31

LadyintheRadiator Fri 15-Oct-10 13:54:59

BeGoneFoulBeast Fri 15-Oct-10 13:58:42

Patronising feckers. You should have said 'no I can't say augmentation but I can say fuck off'. How dare they?

Oh LITR, you have to labour with these people present. Do you have a community midwife at all that you can call up for advice? Is dp your birth partner? I know things have been thorny with him over the pregnancy (tis soh). Are you going to feel supported by somebody?

Are you losing your waters? ie they're depleting completely? They're not replenishing?

You need for them to tell you what will happen now, not a bloody linguistics lesson.

sassie23 Fri 15-Oct-10 13:58:55

Im so sorry you are going through this bloody awful way to be treated. Just try to do some deep breathing and visualise the birth you want I know this might sound like pointless drivel to you at the minute but when I get stresses at the min it really works and Im more cynical than your average pregnant women honestly

PoorlyConstructed Fri 15-Oct-10 14:02:14

They should really be inducing you.

Go higher. Phone whoever's in charge of the PCT if you have to. Repeatedly.

It's completely unacceptable.

PrivetDancer Fri 15-Oct-10 14:04:38

oh sorry sounds incredibly annoying

Could you just go for the wait and see option, rather than induction? Or do you really want the induction now? as long as you're monitored for infection etc should be ok as far as I understand? No expert though.
I know they push for the induction sharpish once your waters have gone though for some reason, but then people whose waters go really early can then go for weeks and weeks before labour so it can't be too dangerous.

ManiDeadi Fri 15-Oct-10 14:08:36

OMG that is horrendous!

I remember them being very patronising when I called up in the middle of the night as my cx were getting really strong and long.

"Haaave a niiice baaath, get your partner to massaaagge your back, you cervix won't actually have dilated yet dear"

Half an hour later at the hospital I was 6cm - 3 hours later I was cradling my ds in my arms hmm.

What is augmentation anyway?

Is the baby still quite active?

PoorlyConstructed Fri 15-Oct-10 14:15:28

When my waters broke they made me go into hospital in the early hours of the morning despite the contractions not starting in any meaningful sense. They sent me home but made an appointment for 36 hours later and told me that I had to be induced then if my labour didn't start. My labour did start 24 hours later, but it was crap and I required IV antibiotics and syntocin (sp?) to make the contractions strong enough.

I was really stessed about it all, and didn't get any sleep for about 48 hours. I really feel for you.

My midwife did come to visit me the afternoon after my waters broke and she was utterly lovely and really reassuring. She was trying to persuade me to have a home birth with her rather than to go into hospital (as the hospital was dreadful and the staff really rude and uncaring when I'd been in). As it was, there's no way I could have had a home birth; I'd just have ended up in hospital anyway as I needed the IV antibiotics.

ManiDeadi Fri 15-Oct-10 17:36:17

LITR - are you still there?

<hoping you've gone in by now>

Bumperlicious Sun 17-Oct-10 16:26:40

Hi litr, been thinking about you & just found this thread. Any news?

LadyintheRadiator Sun 17-Oct-10 18:59:19

Bumperlicious Sun 17-Oct-10 19:24:26

Brill news! though sorry for shite labour (I got high on the g&a for my stitches. the mws said 'this is your reward' grin).

You must be knackered! can anyone help with ds? hope the feeding gets sorted. is there anywhere you can go for support?

LadyintheRadiator Sun 17-Oct-10 19:46:11

Bumperlicious Sun 17-Oct-10 20:05:49

oh dear, i hope you get some help. can you see a proper breastfeeding counsellor? have you done the usual skin to skin etc.?

What a lovely name! glad you are besotted with her . what a shame dh has to work. good luck with dd and ds tomorrow.

LadyintheRadiator Sun 17-Oct-10 20:13:46

SpecterBooAlot Sun 17-Oct-10 21:45:08

Congrats Lady!

Can you dribble some EBM / formula onto your nipple, see if that will tempt her? If she is not having to work for the first taste of milk it might get her going.

Def see a breastfeeding counsellor, call the LLL?

Maybe try cupfeeding?

Congratulations, and beautiful name!

openerofdarklymoulderingtombs Sun 17-Oct-10 21:50:37

Oh, congratulations! I was wondering how you were getting on when your other thread went all quiet. Such a beautiful name.smile

Nothing useful to add re bfing, just sending your DD loads of milky vibes (come on, tiny X!).

Well done x

narmada Sun 17-Oct-10 22:09:54

lady congratulations, I have been lurking. Do get some help from BF counsellors etc., it will make the world of difference. Midwives aren't always the most experienced BF advocates or advisers. Some are great of course, though.

Above all, don't make the mistake I did of believing that all was lost with breastfeeding if it didn't go right in the first few days. I distinctly remember the midwife saying on day 4 or 5 that this was probably the 'last' day when I could make it work and change from formula. I don't know whether she was trying to frightem me but it worked. I was too scared of failure and 'the deadline' to try again. Anyway, we finally re-established breastfeeding after about 7 weeks. I know this is not the norm, but I just wanted to let you know that if things don't work out immediately with BF, it's not necessarily the case that all is lost. Don't beat yourself up. You'll be feeling very vulnerable as day 3 approaches.

LadyintheRadiator Mon 18-Oct-10 10:34:49

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in