Talk

Advanced search

PopJam 7-12 yr olds - no age verification process and multiple accounts

(3 Posts)
FlamingoFlamingo Wed 01-Aug-18 11:53:46

I set up an account as an adult within less than a minute and it concerns me that a child is encouraged to add strangers to unlock different levels of rewards and activities. Level 8 encourages the user to add / follow 100 strangers or friends? Level 14 is 10,000 strangers or and friends????

I noticed on a particular user profile of a 'Kim Kardashian' style photo of users commenting 'you're so pretty, you're beautiful' etc....Surely having an account where the person is older than 12 years old and posting photos of long talon nails, leather hotpants, make up and chanel purses is a bit weird???

Has anyone had any concerns about this social media platform aimed at kids? my children are 11, 8 and 5 and we have one shared iPad so doing a lot of research around apps at the moment.

AjasLipstick Wed 01-Aug-18 12:04:49

I just won't allow my 10 year old on any platforms like this. My 14 year old has Instagram....you don't HAVE to let them play these things you know.

Even if they say all their friends are...

FlamingoFlamingo Wed 01-Aug-18 13:45:32

I agree AjasLipstick which is why I am doing research on all the apps, in particular the ones aimed at under 13's.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: