Talk

Advanced search

Pictures of my child

(7 Posts)
Whatwouldyoudoo Sat 10-Feb-18 20:21:37

If your ex partner was completely against your pregnancy, insisted you terminated your pregnancy and made his intentions to have nothing to do with said child when you refused clear..but then changed his mind when baby was born and made a albeit halfhearted effort to see his child when they were born..would it then be unreasonable to insist he didn't plaster pictures of our child online?
Yes I know he's just as much a parent as I am, but all my social media is private and only accessible by close friends or family and people I genuinely want to share my children's life with. Ex's social media is filled with women he has or wants to sleep with and I feel he's using cute pictures to get him what he wants. I don't want strangers looking at pictures of my children (we already had one child together before newborn) and being updated on their lives just so their dad can get into women's knickers! It makes me feel sick! But what do you think? Am I being overprotective and don't really have a say in who their dad shares pictures of them with? surely not

AllTheWayDown Sat 10-Feb-18 20:38:03

Of course you have a say, it's your baby. You are not being overprotective and are well within your rights to ask him not to post pictures. I would explain why as I'm guessing you'll be posting them on your social media for friends and family to see. I don't really like loads of pictures of children on social media anyway so other people may disagree.

Whatwouldyoudoo Sat 10-Feb-18 20:42:59

In my head I know im right. I just prepare myself for the responses I know il get and the fact that I post (every now and again) pictures will mean he thinks he has the right. I don't want to play the "you didn't want anything to do with the baby and barely do" card but it's the truth! Why should he blast pictures of children he can't be arsed with to gain brownie points with the people he lies to on social media.

FayJay Sat 10-Feb-18 20:47:34

It’s not unreasonable of you to be bothered about this. And of course YWNBU to ask him to stop. But, assuming he has parental responsibility, asking him is all you can do. You cannot insist I’m afraid. Legally, he’s free to plaster his kids all over his social media if he wants.

AllTheWayDown Sat 10-Feb-18 21:17:07

I get that. One of my close friends ex hardly has anything to do with their child but when he does see him he puts so many pictures on fb and acts the doting Dad and although it's not me in that position, I do see where you're coming from as that would anger me. However as fayjay just said, all you can do is ask as it is his child too.

bigdicnibba Tue 13-Mar-18 15:00:58

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

upsideup Tue 13-Mar-18 15:08:38

Of course you can't tell him to not post pictures of his children online.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: