Talk

Advanced search

Abusive phone call

(20 Posts)
Kittycathill Sun 28-Jan-18 10:11:21

My 12 year old received a phone message from a female saying “we have your dog Sandy and are going to put him down with a needle unless you call straight back” but they had hidden their ID and left no number. My daughter picked up the message in her school lunch break and couldn’t get hold of me or my partner as we were both at work in meetings and so was left utterly distraught, assuming our beloved family dog had been put down and it was her fault. She couldn’t attend any further lessons at school and is still in shock, despite our dog being alive and well. Some other parents say “it was just a little prank”. But I think this was abusing, bullying behaviour. Feedback please?

Phosphorus Sun 28-Jan-18 10:14:51

Well it does seem a bit odd that a 12 year old would fall for such a thing.

Any of my children would have assumed it was a prank.

People do not generally call the mobiles of 12 year old children about kidnapped dogs.

Kittycathill Mon 29-Jan-18 11:12:41

Oh no, I wasn’t asking for anyone to victim-blame my daughter. Rather an insight into the message.
Fortunately the phone company have passed it to the police who are tracing the call - they consider it to be menacing enough to take action.
Is guess Phosphorus is an appropriate name for someone who would be so vile towards a 12 year old.

Childrenofthestones Tue 27-Mar-18 09:48:45

Everywhere you go,..... assholes.

Scabetty Tue 27-Mar-18 09:52:20

How disgusting! I hope your dd is ok. And isn’t Phosphorus to be congratulated on her clever childten who will never fall for such an obvious prank. Always helpful to hear hmm

bastardkitty Tue 27-Mar-18 09:54:01

Did the person who left the message know the correct name of your dog? If so it's obviously someone known to your family. I would suspect someone from your DD's school. It's a really horrible thing to do. It's hard to make sense of. As is the post by Phosphorus - what a nasty, GF post.

64BooLane Tue 27-Mar-18 09:56:12

Yes, I think that was bullying behaviour. Your poor DD.

ScreamingValenta Tue 27-Mar-18 09:56:26

Well, I would be worried and disturbed by a call like that and I'm in my 40s, so I'm not surprised your 12 year old DD was distraught. I'm glad the police are taking it seriously.

64BooLane Tue 27-Mar-18 09:56:48

Oh hang on! Zombie thread.

Oddcat Tue 27-Mar-18 09:57:15

Phosphorus has obviously taught her children to accept some pretty rubbish behaviour. It isn't a prank , it isn't funny and I'm glad the police are investigating. Your poor DD Op.

bluebell1981 Tue 27-Mar-18 09:57:17

Glad the police are involved - what a horrible thing for your daughter to go through.

And phosphorous - fuck off.

Oddcat Tue 27-Mar-18 09:58:33

What was the outcome Op ?

Benandhollysmum Sat 14-Apr-18 01:49:55

Change your daughters phone number..prank phone calls are just that pranks, but this was cruel and certainly not a prank. This was aimed to upset your daughter by pretending they were going to hurt her dog. So it’s ovb someone your daughter knows.
A little prank? No it’s sick and uncalled for.

Mustang27 Sat 14-Apr-18 03:20:59

Seriously op I'm sorry that was your only reply until recently. I was a pretty responsible switched on 12yr old but I'd still have worried about that. My dogs were besties at that age.

I'd like to know the outcome too. Really hope your daughter is ok now.

Benandhollysmum Sat 14-Apr-18 12:42:53

HOw bloody rude! Sorry if my opinion offended you mustang

Mustang27 Sun 15-Apr-18 23:31:02

@Benandhollysmum sorry I meant phosphorous comment to the op. It was her first and last for awhile. Was gutted for her. I completely agree with you and the others of the same opinion.

donnaeastman Mon 23-Apr-18 03:36:46

Yeah! That's already and act of bullying. I hope your daughter is okay now.

hackerman Tue 24-Apr-18 16:24:20

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

hackerman Tue 24-Apr-18 16:25:28

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Luckingfovely Tue 24-Apr-18 16:29:40

I think that's absolutely horrific. My DC would have been absolutely devastated by that. I do hope she's got over it now.

Phosphorous appears to have climbed back under its own slimy rock, I do hope that ridiculous message didn't upset you. Obviously the view of a bully and not worth any attention.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: