Talk

Advanced search

Parental control apps?

(10 Posts)
LabourWillSaveOurKidsFuture Mon 05-Jun-17 18:55:10

Can anyone please recommend a good parental control app to put on DC devices? Particularly to limit the time spent on them!

Thanks! grin

LabourWillSaveOurKidsFuture Mon 05-Jun-17 19:10:19

? Anyone ?

cupcake007 Mon 05-Jun-17 19:12:54

I use OurPact. I have set a schedule for internet access and you can turn off their access at the flick of a button! Doesn't monitor what they're looking at though. I just set parent controls on their devices for that.

LabourWillSaveOurKidsFuture Mon 05-Jun-17 20:18:25

Fab! Thanks Cupcake, I'll give it a go smile

LabourWillSaveOurKidsFuture Mon 05-Jun-17 20:44:01

Can you please tell me how the child device stops timing when they turn off their device? It keeps counting down!

cupcake007 Tue 06-Jun-17 20:23:24

Counting down? On my boys devices I just set it so the internet access goes off at 930pm and stays off until 730am. I haven't seen a countdown before.

Bourbonbiccies Tue 06-Jun-17 20:57:31

Screentime is the perfect app for us. A small charge a month but I'm happy to pay this. You can have a free trial to see if it works for you
1. You can limit time
2. You can set bedtime and school time blockers but can exclude certain apps e.g. if you are happy for them to listen to music at bedtime
3. You can see how long your child spends on various apps
4. You can see what apps they download
5. You can block certain apps
6. You can stop them using their device by "pausing" devices e.g. for mealtimes/to get instant attention
7. You can send them extra time as a reward or bonus

Hope this helps

Bourbonbiccies Tue 06-Jun-17 20:59:20

My kids hated it at first but they've got used to it. When their alloted time has expired then they just have to find something else to do. Makes it much easier for me as I don't have to nag at all

user1498046287 Wed 21-Jun-17 13:03:33

I have a solution for you my friend. We have started using an app called Soanjo to set screen time limits for our daughter. It is only available on Android... so if you have an Android device you are in luck! Here is a link to it: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=soanjo.com&hl=en

LeePalmer Wed 15-Nov-17 14:57:52

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now