Talk

Advanced search

Can I ask what your screen time rules are for 9 year olds.

(6 Posts)
HeadFairy Tue 23-May-17 15:50:06

How much screen time would you allow an9 year old? Do they have to earn it and if so what do they have to do to get it, or is it just general good behaviour?

user1475609541 Wed 24-May-17 14:22:48

I allow my son who is 9 up to 30 mins after school in the week but some days he goes straight to a club and has no screen time, and then he is allowed to have his kindle on a Friday and Saturday evening , he normally watches things on th iplayer from CBBC. He's not into games really apart from a Lego one. He spends most of his time outside in the garden playing with neighbours or with siblings.

user1475609541 Wed 24-May-17 14:24:14

If there is bad behaviour he doesn't get his kindle at all for the weekend, he is accepting of this and know the limits!

user1498046287 Wed 21-Jun-17 13:15:58

I let my daughter spend 4 hours max on the internet per day. We are using an app called Soanjo to set screen time limit. The app is only available on Android. Do you have an Android phone?

JennyOnAPlate Wed 21-Jun-17 13:23:55

We don't have screen time rules for our 7 and 9 year old. They don't have TVs in their bedrooms and aren't allowed to take their tablets upstairs, but they can use them whenever they like at home. They probably spend about an hour a day on their tablets on average, maybe a bit more on a wet winter Sunday.

I think that anything is less desirable when it's unrestricted to be honest. dd1 has a friend who is restricted to half an hour of TV or tablet a day and whenever she comes over the first thing she does is demand dds tablet and then sulk for the whole two hours she's here when I say no.

Pickerel Wed 21-Jun-17 13:27:20

My DD is 9. We don't have any rules as such, but she doesn't have her own phone and she has to share a tablet with her two brothers. Also she's quite busy - after school club on the days I work, swimming, tennis etc. So that limits screen time in a 'natural' way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now