Talk

Advanced search

Dd2 hit dd3 and gashed head

(6 Posts)
inanutshelle Sat 15-Apr-17 17:48:47

I'm gutted.. They have been falling out a lot lately but i thought they knew anything physical was way overstepping the mark. She hit her on the head with her phone in her hand and has left a 1cm gash which has been glued at A & E . Im still reeling from seeing dd3 (11) with blood pouring down her face and into a puddle on her bedroom floor. Really sad and dissapointed sad

ohtheholidays Sat 15-Apr-17 18:02:40

How old is DD2?

Have you put some punishments in place?For me if you haven't yet I'd be really strict because causing an injury that means your sibling has to go to hospital is the last straw.

I know it's really hard sometimes,we have 5DC and 2 of our DC are disabled and sometimes they can make you feel like your trying to tame lions rather than spend time together as a family.

If they've both been getting on each others nerves have they got somewhere they can go if they feel like they're going to lose they're temper?

We speak to ours and give them the choice of going of into another room if they're the one that's getting stressed with they're sibling/siblings(if the other child/children hasn't done anything to upset or annoy them)it gives them a chance to cool off and calm down if they don't take that chance and calm down then they lose they're phone or some time on the computer,but if it's one of the children is winding one of the others up on purpose then they get removed from the room and they lose something they like for a while.

UppityHumpty Sat 15-Apr-17 18:08:22

Remove the phone permanently. If there are other treats - remove them until she shows a significant improvement in her behaviour. I would also personally ground her for 6 months or so but I have a zero tolerance policy to violence. Your elder daughter went way over the mark and so her punishment needs to be commeasurate if you don't want her to do it again.

Also make it very clear to the younger daughter that if she does the same thing she will be punished too.

originalbiglymavis Sat 15-Apr-17 18:12:33

So the child who hit is 12+? Old enough to understand and know to control temper. What's your usual punishment? Whatever it is, it needs to be a lot more severe for this.

elektrawoman Thu 20-Apr-17 11:13:03

Sorry to hear this.
You've posted in in 'internet safety' topic which is maybe why not many replies....

AlternativeTentacle Thu 20-Apr-17 11:16:34

If the phone has internet access, then it definitely is an internet safety issue!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now